Poodle Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,
How many of yall are around the nyc area and would want to arrange a poodle walk down 5th avenue?

I think February or march would be a good time.

·
Premium Member
23,581 Posts
February or early March sound terrible to me but later March or April sounds nice.

·
Registered
7,402 Posts
Sounds like a fun idea. You might want to contact and join your local poodle club and ask for their help in organizing a walk in the Spring.

My friend has a Bernese Mountain Dog and runs her breed’s club in my area. Once a year they pick a different park to meet and walk as a group.

·
Registered
26 Posts
I'm too far and have the wrong breed for the moment, but if I'm free that weekend I'd love to come with my camera and meet people, do photos (I'm in a rut of mostly paid jobs and need to kick myself into planning fun ones sometimes in ways like posting on a public forum). Edit: and also would love to meet some Standards and owners who've had multiple varieties, and visit my cousin in NY -- so if this becomes a thing, my cameras and lack of current poodle to take would love to come.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
late march sounds like a plan. I dont like april because that when tourists start to come in heavily.

Reason why I dont involve local clubs- in the nyc area I find most of them too posh and stuck up.

As far as location- 5th avenue is along central park which is why that street was mentioned. I'm thinking starting at the moma and going south to saint Patrick's cathedral.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts