Poodle Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I hate the smell of pee out back in the otherwise lovely yard.

Is there anything to do to get rid of the smell or keep it from getting worse?!

The dogs pee on the grass. The grass isn't brown.....just smelly!

·
Registered
646 Posts
We have a 6x13 spot that they pee in and actually only one corner of it gets used for piddling the best thing is natures miracle once a year in the spring works great

·
Registered
182 Posts
I love pea (pee) gravel!!

I set up a space along the side of my house when I first got Alex. We taught him to pee there, and he's had an affinity for pea gravel ever since. I just spray it down every couple of weeks, and occasionally hit it with a diluted chlorine solution. It works great.

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The side yard....pea gravel idea sounds great.

I would have to jack hammer up some cement to put some down.
The entire side yard is cement from the 1940s or 50s (kind of nice old stuff but I could get rid of a segment of it and teach the dogs to go there)

·
Poodle Named Moose
1,125 Posts
Buy an old toilet teach them to use it outside then when they master it they can go inside... :wavey::wavey:

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
Great idea Tyler, sounds like it would be a pretty sanitary way to go also. Would even like Todds way better, but don't think it would be real easy to teach dogs to use a toilet, so thats pretty much out of the question. Besides that if Todd put a toilet outside for his dogs, I'm afraid he might find a big bear trying it out, maybe the same one that scatters his flour all over.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts