Poodle Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Nova went on a road trip to Athens TN this past weekend to a UKC show. It was a first for me driving so long ( about 8hrs) without another driver but I really wanted to go and DH didn鈥檛 ...so I did it 馃槉. My middle daughter went with me though she didn鈥檛 want to show Nova because she hadn鈥檛 practiced. On the way there I broke up the drive because after four hours my back and tailbone was really hurting (tailbone broke from a fall off a horse so it still bothers me at times). On the way back home I decided to push through and took Ibuprofen about 2 hrs in and made it home.

It was a large show with 209 dogs entered. Each day was a long wait for our class. Nova had competition and she got her first 2 legs for her GCH title , also two reserves, and a Best Of Breed 馃グ! It was a good experience..I learned a few things from mistakes that I did and got some good grooming tips.

It鈥檚 good that I am showing her now because I did get a comment from one judge that she didn鈥檛 really look like a multicolor . I had to point out that she had a white strip on her chin, chest, and toes. I can tell that her color is fading so with more time her white will be hard to point out. She placed last in that class so I don鈥檛 know if that had to do with it. Just makes me wonder. Either way I am glad I went and Nova was awesome in every class...couldn鈥檛 ask for more.

I think I am going to get a pro to help me with her hair soon. She鈥檚 rockin the flop but when all the long hair is down and the middle shorter hair is up because it has less weight it can give her a roached look. I fluffed it up before class. Standing kind of funky in this photo but you can see the back of her neck.

Registered
Congratulations on a fun and successful show! It sounds like the experience proved invaluable. Wishing you both continued success.

Premium Member
Glad for you & Nova that you decided to drive to the show. Nova is quite the looker and does rock the style.

Registered
I give you lots of credit for going and getting it done. I think Nova looks beautiful and you made fun memories with your daughter also! My husband and I use to take long road trips, whenever we went somewhere he insisted we drive thru. Weekends I use to drive 4 hours to visit my parents and when my children were little I made 13 hour road trips with them, myself and two toddlers. Whew that was a trip but it was necessary. We would leave like 3 or 4 in the morning so that I knew they would sleep.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts