Poodle Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
It鈥檚 not Nova鈥檚 favorite Day because it took us hours. 馃檮 Her coat change is hitting us hard and she went in the bath pretty tangled free. She came out matted 馃槬.

So drying and dematting ( which consist of me hand picking and combing them out) took longer than expected. My back was hurting so I will finish trying to scissor her tomorrow. Her back feet are hiding 馃檭 and her chest is trying to blend with her legs.

I watched a video on topknots last night so I played with it a bit to figure out what I am going to do for the next show. I like how it turned out. She has a bit of hair that I was going to let grow out to join the topknot but I think I might end up shaving it because it鈥檚 going to take too long to catch up .

Super Moderator
Thank you .
I can鈥檛 even imagine how someone keeps up with Standards long hair and coat change... my mini has worn me out. 馃槀
Even just a quarantine shavedown on my small standard was back-breaking work! Was definitely WAY easier with a mini. But she never turned out as wonderfully as Nova.

Registered
Mel, I kind of know your pain of coat change hitting hard. I was keeping Lacey鈥檚 body like Nova鈥檚, and when it hit hard, off it all came. My wrists still start to hurt brushing and combing with the shorter coat. I can鈥檛 imagine maintaining a show coat during coat change. That is a labor of love.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts