Poodle Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,
I enjoy PF but might have to leave if this can't be remedied...
I honestly don't even know how to put this in a tactful way, but there is a frequent poster here that has a link to a live s*x webcam or something like that in their signature. I have children who walk by while i'm using the computer, innocently reading about poodle things and this stupid tag line is often popping up in the person's signature. Does anyone know what I'm talking about and can it be removed?

·
Registered
12,358 Posts
Do they know, or has the account been hijacked? I am not aware of seeing anything like this. A private message to Plum (administrator) may be your best way forward.

·
Super Moderator
3,149 Posts
There are actually two members I've seen with this in their signature. I've read their posts and they had thoughtful, sensible posts, and neither have posted in a very long time. My guess is their accounts were hacked a long time ago. I can't remember their user names, however. If the OP reports this, perhaps Poodleadm can simply delete their signatures?

·
Premium Member
15,810 Posts
WHO? Maybe they are truly unaware!

·
Premium Member
22,964 Posts
Well if those people aren't current active posters they are highly unlikely to realize this has happened (sounds like they got hijacked). Since I don't know who it is (don't think it is me either) I would suggest either messaging poodleadm or reporting the posts that show that link with the little triangular button you can see in the left side of the post and ask the adm to try to get the link out.

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I have contacted an admin so hopefully it wont be an issue going forward. I don't even know if the person still posts very much. I search a lot of things that have threads from years ago so maybe the person has no idea and was hacked. I dont know...

·
Registered
2,419 Posts
I've seen it also on one user's posts when researching thru PF. Definitely was out of place based on their posts.

The member doesn't seem currently active, and the link shows in posts from 2012 and 2013.

I'll send screenshots to admin too.

I have some screenshots but can't send them thru a PM. I just copied and pasted a post containing the offending links and sent that to admin.

Reactions: Moni

·
Registered
3,540 Posts
I have not seen anything like that. I would report it so administration can try. The person could have been hacked or it could even be something in your computer. On another forum I go too there is always a new user (so it says in profile) that targets old threads and adds a link to a training site. I never click on unknown link so I'm not sure if it is training or not but I do report those to Admin using the triangle and report it as spam.) They must be doing something about it as they are getting less.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts