Poodle Forum banner

Not poodles but...

5K views 36 replies 20 participants last post by  PomPom 
#1 ·
PWDs! As I don't have my poodle yet, and as Cuddleparty requested it, I thought I'd introduce my parents' (and partially my) Portuguese Water Dogs.

The parti boy is Samson, Sam for short. He's our home bred boy and is 11 and a half years old. He's a sweetheart with some aversion to dogs, but we love him immensely. He was diagnosed with Hemangiosarcoma 4 months ago (nasty cancer), had emergency surgery to remove the tumor and stop internal bleeding and is still going strong. The vet said average 3 to 6 months to live, we're hoping he'll beat the average!

The grey/ black/ brown girl is Ziggy Stardust, or just Ziggy, our 4 year old. She's a working FIEND and always wants a job to do. The fisherman would have kept her for sure - we joke that Sam wouldn't have made the cut. :) My mom says she's the best dog she's ever had and she's just fun, fun, fun. Look out for her in the agility ring, she's pretty good (my mom jokes that it's her handler who holds her back).

Attachments

See less See more
#34 ·
Sam's Eulogy

Just thought I'd share the sweet note my mom sent out to friends and family today about our boy.

18th December 1997---- 3rd September 2009

Our beautiful boy Sam was put to sleep last night. He had five and a half healthy wonderful months after his emergency surgery and diagnosis of hemangiosarcoma on March 23rd.

He was the first puppy born from my first litter. I fell in love with him the minute I held him in my hands and last night he died in my arms. Peacefully and with dignity.

Sam, lover of chocolate, wine, pizza, ice cream, wood fires, car rides and of course his family.

Thank you for being my dog. You taught me so much.

Our home is empty without you. Good night sweet Prince

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.