Poodle Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
Olive, black miniature poodle, 9 months old
239 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
My puppy, 6 month old Olive has not lost her molar teeth. She is done teething and has lost all her other teeth. Is this normal, when do they lose their molars? Should I her vet?
Thank you,
Olive Love

·
Registered
16 Posts
Hi,
My puppy, 6 month old Olive has not lost her molar teeth. She is done teething and has lost all her other teeth. Is this normal, when do they lose their molars? Should I her vet?
Thank you,
Olive Love
Mine still had puppy teeth when he was 7 months old! And he even had puppy teeth in at the SAME time his adult teeth came in, it was weird! I took him to the vet and they said it can happen and the baby ones will fall out eventually, and they did. But it was strange him having both sets of canines in at the same time! Pic attached.

Attachments

·
Registered
725 Posts
If they don’t fall out, you can have them extracted when you spay or neuter.
That’s exactly what our vet told us with Fluffy’s front teeth. His wound up falling out on their own, but it took a while. I could wriggle them as the new ones grew. He had the most adorable little shark teeth, though, and they never seemed to bother him any. We gave him lots of things to chew.

·
Registered
32 Posts
I wouldn't be too worried about this just yet - I've read that teething can take until puppies are 30 weeks old and the pre-molars are usually the last to come out. A couple of weeks ago I was panicking because Noodle had her adult canines coming through with the puppy teeth still there (like the picture Demileone posted) but just when I was starting to think I should call the vet they finally came out! So I would probably give Olive a few more weeks to see if they come out naturally :)

·
Premium Member
190 Posts
@Olive Love Keep giving her good, safe puppy chewing toys. And keep doing dental care - raising her lips, touching her gums and teeth and brushing her teeth. The molars should fall out naturally - up to 8 months is an average, normal length of time ( I say average as it may be sooner or a bit longer depending on the dog).

1 - 6 of 6 Posts