Poodle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 134 Posts

·
Registered
1,947 Posts
thats absolutely horrendous...why is she only being charged for 12 counts of it and I do love how...in 2 years shes more than welcome to own another animal o_O

it looked like one of those creepy horror flicks like any second Leatherface was going to jump out from behind one of those crates.

·
Registered
2,537 Posts
OMG!!! Those poor, poor, poor babies!!! My heart bleeds for them. I am so happy that they were rescued and out of that hell hole. I hope they all get adopted and find truely wonderful homes with people that will love them the way they deserve. I think that her "sentence" is total bull****!

·
Registered
4,481 Posts
I spoke my thoughts on this in the other thread and I much as I hated too, I envisioned this would be how it looked........maybe worse after seeing those pics.

I agree 2 years is not long enough - she should never be allowed to have any animals! I do like that she is not allowed to leave the state at least. This will not be good for her I am sure. She deserves what she gets:bird::wacko:

There's just not enough written into law to do much more than what they have. Thats the horrible sad truth.

·
Registered
1,947 Posts
I think its wonky...why is her jail sentence being suspended,
I don't see how 2yrs of probation = 12 years in jail...she needs to be kept in a small box like she kept her dogs in, IMHO

and it doesn't mention her fines...a quick Google search gave me this site
Class 1 Misdemeanor
so if shes being charged with 12 of those she should have to pay 2500 a piece

but I'm not the prosecutor...so I can't say why the book ((or dirty feces covered dog crate)) wasn't thrown at her

·
Registered
5,345 Posts
I've seen cleaner cages left in a barn for five years.. that's absolutely awful. Those dogs are such survivors, and the SPCA there were nothing short of heroes to those dogs. I really hope they find homes that'll keep them clean, fed, and healthy.

·
Registered
1,560 Posts
This makes me sick. Ever since I was little I have wanted to deliver justice to these disgusting humans, but I am not cut out for that job. I don't agree with the lack of concern for animal abuse in the law- 34 severely neglected dogs only gets her 12 years? How about 34 neglected kids? She'd be in for life, but it's less significant when they're just dogs. I would go insane not seeing these people get what they deserve.

I don't understand how anyone can knowingly purchase from a pet store or a mill when THESE conditions are where their pup was born. It just blows my mind. I can't even fathom how anyone could do this to an animal.

·
Registered
362 Posts
That is totally disgusting. Those poor dogs. They can not even stand up. I wonder how often they got food and water. How can she just let them stay in the crates and go to the washroom in there and not clean it. I wonder if those dogs will ever be normal.
I wonder how long they had to stay in those crates.
Whoever adopts them probably can not crate them as they would be afraid to go in the crates unless they are used to them and that is the only life they know.
I hope she goes to jail and never be aloud a pet again.
So sad.

·
Registered
486 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I do like that she is not allowed to leave the state at least

Hey- I disagree here. I am in the same state, next county over.
She should go far far away.

·
Registered
486 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I don't understand how anyone can knowingly purchase from a pet store or a mill when THESE conditions are where their pup was born. It just blows my mind. I can't even fathom how anyone could do this to an animal.

No no no- These were all CHIC tested UKC champions.
Whispering Pines Standard Poodles

This is proof you need to visit in person. Do not buy over the internet.
More happy reading here:

And.....what she is saying now that the pictures are up:
> Dear Katie;
> > I am not judging you. Could you please tell me if these photos are
> > accurate
> > of your crates and basement.
> > April 2010 Poodle Rescue
>
> No. They are staged and highly inflamatory. Ugly, visious and make my
> stomach turn. Realty no.
>
> Those that actually know me and have been to my house know that I would
> never do that to a poodle.
>
> If I didn't know who I was as a person, and I saw those photos, I would
> hate myself. But since I do know who I am, and how I treated my dogs, I
> still hold my head up high and say, those photos do not reflect reality as
> it was before they came.
>
> Once all the pending legalities are finished, I have photos of my own to
> share. My home was professionally photographed and the photographer came
> to my hearing to testify if needed that he took those pictures and they
> reflect the true state of my house.
>
>
> Katie
> Whispering Pines Standard Poodles (and mini's too!)
> Whispering Pines Standard Poodles

·
Registered
12,183 Posts
I think I am going to be sick! There are no words. May justice be served and may she get what is due to her. Prayers for those poor souls to know what it is like to live in a home where they are loved and cherished.

·
Registered
1,947 Posts
did anyone else do the scooby noise when reading that?
o_O

...they were staged?
I'd also like to know where they got the years of fecal matter at?
and the cages covered in feces and urine ...and the dogs covered in the same thing...with her standing in the one photo ((I'm assuming thats her

I looked at her site and I couldn't find one photo of the inside of her house which seems fishy now, but if this incident hadn't happened I'm sure I wouldn't have thought about it if I came across her site
the breeder I'm going to use has clear photos of the inside of her house with her dogs...

Reactions: FunkyPuppy

·
Registered
2,645 Posts
Oh my I love her self righteous indignant attitude about puppy buyers when she's got her dogs living in their own fecal matter in cages so small they have no muscle tone to stand after they are removed and providing no food and water for any of them. Lovely person that one.

·
Registered
12,183 Posts
I would just like to say that I hope and pray that we breeders are not all painted with the same brush after this. I do not think it is necessary in this day and age to visit a breeder in person. If this were the case, I would not have a hope in heck of having my boy coming from Iceland. Plumcrazy would not have Lucy. A breeder should be able to supply a list of people who have purchased from them, who have been to their home, who can verfiy the conditions. Watch for lots of photos and videos. I have said it before...there is no possible way with the number of videos I post when we have pups here that they could be staged. That would be all I would have time for if that were the case. Videotaping and posting. There would be no time to groom the pups or the adults in my house, no time to do the things that need to be done in a given day...no time for anything.

This sickens me as much as the average pet buyer. I began doing this out of my love for this breed. If I ever developed a sickness or disorder that could make this kind of disregard for the lives of my animals, every member of my family is animal crazy enough, I am confident they would step in and do something.

This is all so sad and so sickening!!! I truly hope it isn't going to hurt the good breeders out there doing things right, doing things for the right reasons, doing things because they love dogs, acting as good and caring guardians for the animals on their care.

·
Premium Member
2,956 Posts
This is proof you need to visit in person. Do not buy over the internet.
More happy reading here:
:scared: OMG... I don't even know what to say about this blog... She is certainly a piece of work. Praying for wonderful, loving homes for all these neglected souls - they deserve nothing less!

·
Registered
5,532 Posts
I guess I'm just speachless.... I have never seen anything like that in my life (thank goodness). I'm sick for them. There is a very sick mind that is responsible for such horrors. The punishment certainly doesn't seem to fit the crimes even by a little. I am very disappointed in the deal that was made as it is terribly unfair and, in my mind, unjust.

I pray that everyone of those dogs finds their forever, loving home and will finally know love and kindness the rest of their lives. I am so worried about the psychological scars that these dogs will carry.

I have to say that I have NEVER seen or even heard of a flea nest on a dog in my entire life. I just couldn't stop looking at that. How could anyone let their dog come to such horrific condition?

God bless all of those precious souls!

·
Registered
5,532 Posts
I would just like to say that I hope and pray that we breeders are not all painted with the same brush after this. I do not think it is necessary in this day and age to visit a breeder in person. If this were the case, I would not have a hope in heck of having my boy coming from Iceland. Plumcrazy would not have Lucy. A breeder should be able to supply a list of people who have purchased from them, who have been to their home, who can verfiy the conditions. Watch for lots of photos and videos. I have said it before...there is no possible way with the number of videos I post when we have pups here that they could be staged. That would be all I would have time for if that were the case. Videotaping and posting. There would be no time to groom the pups or the adults in my house, no time to do the things that need to be done in a given day...no time for anything.

This sickens me as much as the average pet buyer. I began doing this out of my love for this breed. If I ever developed a sickness or disorder that could make this kind of disregard for the lives of my animals, every member of my family is animal crazy enough, I am confident they would step in and do something.

This is all so sad and so sickening!!! I truly hope it isn't going to hurt the good breeders out there doing things right, doing things for the right reasons, doing things because they love dogs, acting as good and caring guardians for the animals on their care.
I share some of your feelings in how this will reflect on the rest of the breeders. But, that just makes us more conscious of how we need to educate the public/buyers about ourselves, the dogs' environment, and lots of photos/videos that show them in their environments and interacting with family, friends, and strangers.

There will always be hoarders doing horrible things behind closed doors. Those of us who are transparent in what we do will not be painted by the same brush. But, it is up to us to be sure that we are transparent with the public.

·
Registered
1,905 Posts
So sad and heartbreaking to see the conditions those dogs were kept in. It's especially hard to see the poor guy with the flea nest because he looks so much like a larger version of Teddy. It really makes me want to cry.

·
Registered
752 Posts
Those poor dogs. My heart just breaks for them, and I'm so glad someone turned her in. I can't even fathom. She seriously has to be mentally ill to live in these conditions and watch her poodles suffer for so long without doing something about it. I mean really, the urine and feces in those crates had been building up for a very long time. How has she kept up this front for so long? How is this possible?

I started reading the blog and just couldn't stop. Beyond the irony of blasting the puppy buyers and having such abhorrant conditions in her own home, I just can't get over her high and mighty attitude toward puppy buyers, and her blatency of publishing her rants, when she's trying to impress people. Wouldn't a good breeder want to know the type of home the puppy is going to, more than just what's on an application? Wouldn't they want to develop a working relationship with the future families of their puppies? I'm not saying hours and hours a week, but when it came time to choose a puppy for the family, wouldn't it help them choose a puppy to fit the family if they know what the family hopes to do with the dog? And really, if she's trying to keep up appearances of being such a great breeder, why would she publish these rants? Also, it's obvious she doesn't want anyone going there...not the temperament tester, or potential puppy buyers. Thank heavens someone turned her in.

She needs serious psychological treatment, and should never be allowed to have an animal again.

1 - 20 of 134 Posts