Poodle Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
365 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sorry, but how do I quote from a responder to my post so that it shows in the top part of my response, in the rectangle and shows their name?.
What is wrong with me that I can't figure this out?:doh:
Thank you

·
Registered
225 Posts
Sorry, but how do I quote from a responder to my post so that it shows in the top part of my response, in the rectangle and shows their name?.
What is wrong with me that I can't figure this out?:doh:
Thank you

Just click on the "Quote" button.
;)

Attachments

·
Registered
365 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

Just click on the "Quote" button.
;)

WUUUHHOOOOOOOOOO!!!!! I think what I did wrong, is that I tried to delete part of the response and only have a few lines of the quote showing....does that make any sense
Thanks for the help, I feel pretty dumb right now :eek:hwell:

Pretty nifty work with the red circle, Thanks!!

·
Registered
225 Posts
No problem!:cute:

WUUUHHOOOOOOOOOO!!!!! I think what I did wrong, is that I tried to delete part of the response and only have a few lines of the quote showing....does that make any sense
Thanks for the help, I feel pretty dumb right now :eek:hwell:

Pretty nifty work with the red circle, Thanks!!

·
Premium Member
2,956 Posts
I think what I did wrong, is that I tried to delete part of the response and only have a few lines of the quote showing....does that make any sense
You can delete any part of the response that you choose to delete (if you only want to quote only a specific sentence or something for example) as long as you don't delete the important parts... [quote with the equals sign and then the userid buncha numbers] HAS to be at the beginning of the quote. Be careful not to delete even the [ or the ] as this will cause the quote to not work... You can delete any of the rest of the response as long as you don't touch the [/quote] at the end of the statement... Those two things (the part at the very beginning and the part at the very end) are the things that tells the computer to show it up as a quote - if you change those "codes" it won't show up right.

Have fun quoting!! :)

·
Registered
365 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
You can delete any part of the response that you choose to delete (if you only want to quote only a specific sentence or something for example) as long as you don't delete the important parts...

Have fun quoting!! :)
Thanks PlumCrazy...lets see if I did it right this time
By the way, I love your name, I feel like that most days:)

·
Premium Member
2,956 Posts
By the way, I love your name, I feel like that most days:)
Thanks, macker!! It's a good thing that you only FEEL like that most days... I AM that EVERY day!! :wacko: :lol: Actually my last name is Plum so I really AM plumcrazy! :)

ps... good work with the quote feature!!

·
Registered
4,481 Posts
What about the multi quote? When I hit multi quote it has never worked for me.

·
Registered
4,481 Posts
Click the "MQ" for every post you want to quote and then "Quote" on the last one. ;)
Hope that made sense.:)
click the icon that says quote at the bottom of their entry.
Okay, I tried that with another, (I thought I did) but it did not come up right. Here goes
Thanks
You can delete any part of the response that you choose to delete (if you only want to quote only a specific sentence or something for example) as long as you don't delete the important parts... [quote with the equals sign and then the userid buncha numbers] HAS to be at the beginning of the quote. Be careful not to delete even the [ or the ] as this will cause the quote to not work... You can delete any of the rest of the response as long as you don't touch the
at the end of the statement... Those two things (the part at the very beginning and the part at the very end) are the things that tells the computer to show it up as a quote - if you change those "codes" it won't show up right.

Have fun quoting!! :)[/QUOTE]

Example - thanks Stella!

Disregard quotes now:)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts