Poodle Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
12,362 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When we woke up today it was pouring with rain - nasty cold sleety rain - so Mum said we should do pees and poos in the garden and not go for a walk, and Sophy said she was not going even as far as the garden! And a bit later Mum was going out in the car, and we wanted to go with her in case it was to somewhere interesting, and she said it wasn't interesting at all but we might manage some shopping and a walk on the way home so we went anyway, although Sophy made Mum carry her so she didn't have to get wet. And when we got to the place it was still pouring, and it took Mum ages to park, and she made us get out (I really needed a poo by then, but Sophy still wouldn't) and we got all wet and then she put us back into the nice warm car and disappeared for ages. And when she got back we said we had been really miserable and having a horrible time, and she said not nearly as horrible as spending a whole hour in the dentist's chair having a new crown made, which is what she had been doing, and then she made us get out of the car again in the pouring sleety rain (I really needed a pee by then, but Sophy still wouldn't), and we set off to the shops but then the rain changed to snow and Mum decided it would be a good idea to go home straight away, so she turned the heating up as high as it would go and came over the hills very slowly and got us all home safely.

And then she gave us both a lovely cuddle with Nice Warm Towels which stay on the radiator in the hall to be ready, and we have curled up on a lovely warm bed, and Mum says we can play Hunt the Treat and other rainy day games later on when she has recovered a bit and her mouth stops feeling strange, so although the day started off not very nice it looks as if it may get much better!

·
Premium Member
22,982 Posts
Yucky yes, but at least it ended nicely!

Reactions: fjm

·
Premium Member
15,810 Posts
Oh Poppy!

I do feel sorry that you had a miserable time today, but I feel sorrier for your Mom! It is not very nice to have someone digging around in your mouth, (I personally found this out!) Even though her day was awful she was unselfish enough to make your day end up nicely, so I think you should not complain and be nice and behave for the rest of the evening!

Your Friend
MOLLY

Reactions: fjm

·
Premium Member
3,334 Posts
That does sound like a bad day. I don't think I would like that. Cold sleety rain is bad, bad, bad. My mom says tonight it is going to be super cold here and I won't even be able to go outside at all, not even to poop. (-34c air temperature, -51c with wind) Mom says I have to go potty on pads in the bathroom. I don't like doing that. It's embarrassing. Mom says my nose can get frostbite. I didn't know frost could bite. I don't want to get bitted. Do you think if I ask nicely my mom will make warm towels for me? At least maybe then I would feel warm and less embarrassed.

Noelle

·
Registered
12,362 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
My Mum told us some of you were having really, really bad weather - much worse than the little bit of cold white stuff we get. Getting bitted by frost sounds horrible - I got worried but Tilly says it doesn't get cold enough for that here, and she goes out for hours every night so she should know. I think you should be very, very careful and stay indoors - Sophy says pee pads are a Very Good Idea, and the thing to do is to slip away quietly and use them in private, which is what she does with the emergency bath mat. Then you just pretend that whatever is there has nothing to do with you, and leave it for your Mum to sort out later. If you are staying indoors you get to play rainy day games like Hunt the Treat and Roll the Ball down the Hall and Rat Tug - that is only fair! And everyone should have Nice Warm Towels for when it rains - the only thing is we have to take it in turns and sometimes Sophy gets to Mum's lap before I can.

Today the sky is blue and Mum slept for 10 hours and we are going for a lovely long walk as soon as the roads and paths stop being slippery...

PS Sophy went out four times last night, once the rain stopped. I think she must have been practically bursting!

Reactions: Click-N-Treat

·
Premium Member
3,334 Posts
Poor Sophy! Being ready to burst is horrible. Noelle did use the potty pad. She slipped away and used it in private. It's currently -21F (-29C). The heat is working and the pipes haven't burst. We're fine. Noelle is toasty warm and wrapped in a blanket.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts