Poodle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 63 Posts

·
Registered
1,002 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have any good pics of top knots that are blended into the ears rather then a rounded ball on top of the head? is there a name for this?

·
Registered
12,183 Posts
Flyingduster's dog and Jak's dog I think have what you are talking about. I am old school with the rounded top knot, scissored quite pronounced at the ears and round at the back of it as well.

·
Registered
268 Posts
I love that too!!! I think of it as the puppy style head.....I LOVED the look when the head blended into the ears....trying to get that look back now.

Does anyone have any good pics of top knots that are blended into the ears rather then a rounded ball on top of the head? is there a name for this?

·
Registered
4,481 Posts
This is my favorite look too but have been highly critisized for it ..
At the end of the day, it's a personal preference. I tend to hang my head even higher when someone is not fond of my opinion or choices - because at the end of the day it's not of their business and I certainly would not hang on to their opinion, if you have pics you should post them!

·
Registered
1,002 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
This is my favorite look too but have been highly critisized for it ..
REALLY?!! Thats just silly... like Olie said, it's personal preference!

I think for me, it's that the rounded top knot and long ears, give me frightening flashbacks to a certain 80's hairstyle that I'm not too fond of... (no offence intended to anyone still sporting a mullet :wink:)

:snicker: anyone see a resemblance? or is it just me?

·
Registered
4,481 Posts
Heather!!!!!!!! I'm in my office and had a hard time containing myself!!! OMG - I never thought about that but now I will! That my friend was priceless!!

Edit - all I can think of is 10'4 - over! She looks like a trucker!

·
Registered
1,002 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Heather!!!!!!!! I'm in my office and had a hard time containing myself!!! OMG - I never thought about that but now I will! That my friend was priceless!!

Edit - all I can think of is 10'4 - over! She looks like a trucker!
I was having a pretty good little chuckle myself as I was posting it!! She does look like a trucker!
Don't get me wrong, I love all poodles, I just prefer a certain look over others :)

·
Registered
1,293 Posts
I get flack all the time for letting Flip's face grow out and for keeping him short all over.

Too bad, I like him as is!

·
Registered
2,037 Posts
Yes I like mine the way I like em.. I just got my combs and I LOVE them .. The Wahl SS ones I got the 1" and the3?4 inch ones ... I have such nice looking spoos now. Perhaps the callous on my finger will go away HA HA !!

1 - 20 of 63 Posts