Poodle Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone! I’m getting a standard poodle puppy from Northern Creek Poodles! I found them on Gooddog.com (they have a website called northerncreekpoodles.com) Could you please help me check they are reputable and good? I’m getting a puppy from their summer litter :) thanks.

·
Registered
33 Posts
First off, welcome to Poodle Forum! Second, here is a link to a thread about finding the right breeder. @Rose n Poos does a great job explaining what makes a great breeder and provides links to breed clubs and individual breeders by state.

I am in no way an expert, but have learned a lot hanging around PF. My thoughts on this breeder are they sound good, but not great. My rationale for this is, while they have health tested 3 of their dogs (2 of them to CHIC standards) it still seems to me to be the bare minimum. They claim to test for inheritable/genetic diseases, but have no proof. Also, I saw proof of the showing they claim to do, and while not a deal-breaker, showing is a breeder's way of proving their dogs are breeding material. I liked that they mentioned their puppies are raised using Puppy Culture and ENS. Their bitch, Jayda, is on her 4th litter now, with for sure another one scheduled. From my understanding, a bitch should only have 2 or 3 litters (if I am wrong, someone please correct me).

·
Registered
2,518 Posts
Things I like:
-CHIC level OFA health testing
-Advanced puppy socialization
-A couple of their dogs have therapy titles. Some have advanced Canine Good Citizen titles
-They seem to put some effort into vetting puppy buyers.

Things I don't like
-They work closely with a doodle breeder (MyBuddies) and co-own a dog that will be producing doodles (this breeder also produces toy aussies which are another sign of disreputability)
-They talk about not riding on others' coat tails but talk about how their dogs are from champion lines without actually showing any of their dogs themselves.
-They refer to parti poodles as "party" poodles which is just... really weird. That's not the correct term.
-They bred Jayda 2 months shy of her 2nd birthday which means she did not have her OFA hip testing complete at the time.
-They bred Lincoln at 10 months of age which means he certainly did not have health testing complete at the time and was just a puppy himself. I would never ever purchase from a litter sired by such a young dog for many reasons.
-They require all puppies be spayed or neutered by 10 months of age which is certainly not advisable for health reasons. Ideally a large dog such as a spoo should be s/n (if desired) after growth is complete which is typically 18-24 months of age. I could talk a lot more on this but there are many searchable threads on it.

For the reasons indicated, I would not purchase a puppy from this breeder. The biggest issue for me is the s/n age in the contract. But I also do not like the co-own with the doodle breeder or the breeding of a dog at 10 months of age. All significant red flags for me.

Are they a terrible breeder? No. They do many things right. But you must do research and determine your priorities and make the decision that is right for you.

Last note: A female having 4 litters is not a red flag to me. This is something that should be decided based on the dog's relationship to motherhood, health, and age. It is entirely possible for a dog to have 4 litters safely.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Things I like:
-CHIC level OFA health testing
-Advanced puppy socialization
-A couple of their dogs have therapy titles. Some have advanced Canine Good Citizen titles
-They seem to put some effort into vetting puppy buyers.

Things I don't like
-They work closely with a doodle breeder (MyBuddies) and co-own a dog that will be producing doodles (this breeder also produces toy aussies which are another sign of disreputability)
-They talk about not riding on others' coat tails but talk about how their dogs are from champion lines without actually showing any of their dogs themselves.
-They refer to parti poodles as "party" poodles which is just... really weird. That's not the correct term.
-They bred Jayda 2 months shy of her 2nd birthday which means she did not have her OFA hip testing complete at the time.
-They bred Lincoln at 10 months of age which means he certainly did not have health testing complete at the time and was just a puppy himself. I would never ever purchase from a litter sired by such a young dog for many reasons.
-They require all puppies be spayed or neutered by 10 months of age which is certainly not advisable for health reasons. Ideally a large dog such as a spoo should be s/n (if desired) after growth is complete which is typically 18-24 months of age. I could talk a lot more on this but there are many searchable threads on it.

For the reasons indicated, I would not purchase a puppy from this breeder. The biggest issue for me is the s/n age in the contract. But I also do not like the co-own with the doodle breeder or the breeding of a dog at 10 months of age. All significant red flags for me.

Are they a terrible breeder? No. They do many things right. But you must do research and determine your priorities and make the decision that is right for you.

Last note: A female having 4 litters is not a red flag to me. This is something that should be decided based on the dog's relationship to motherhood, health, and age. It is entirely possible for a dog to have 4 litters safely.
Hi thank you so much! I will definitely research a bit more. I am a bit confused. What exactly do I ask her then? Do I say, hey this is a red flag cause of this this this? What if she denies it or something? I looked at her reviews generally and they are all 5.0 stars. Also she said that it’s Jaydas last litter. But I do feel bad for Lincoln as well :(. I don’t know what to do. I wanted a service dog for autism, now I’m afraid.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
First off, welcome to Poodle Forum! Second, here is a link to a thread about finding the right breeder. @Rose n Poos does a great job explaining what makes a great breeder and provides links to breed clubs and individual breeders by state.

I am in no way an expert, but have learned a lot hanging around PF. My thoughts on this breeder are they sound good, but not great. My rationale for this is, while they have health tested 3 of their dogs (2 of them to CHIC standards) it still seems to me to be the bare minimum. They claim to test for inheritable/genetic diseases, but have no proof. Also, I saw proof of the showing they claim to do, and while not a deal-breaker, showing is a breeder's way of proving their dogs are breeding material. I liked that they mentioned their puppies are raised using Puppy Culture and ENS. Their bitch, Jayda, is on her 4th litter now, with for sure another one scheduled. From my understanding, a bitch should only have 2 or 3 litters (if I am wrong, someone please correct me).
Hi thank you so much! I will definitely research a bit more. I am a bit confused. What exactly do I ask her then? Do I say, hey this is a red flag cause of this this this? What if she denies it or something? I looked at her reviews generally and they are all 5.0 stars. Also she said that it’s Jaydas last litter. But I do feel bad for Lincoln as well :(. I don’t know what to do. I wanted a service dog for autism, now I’m afraid.

·
Premium Member
Killa and Tekno
293 Posts
This is ancedotal and someone please chime in if you disagree but in my puppy search last year I found that one of the greatest litmus tests for a good breeder is ironically the less they talk about puppies on their website. I found the difficulty that it is to find information about how to purchase puppies on the site corresponded to the prestige of the breeding program. Instead, their websites were dedicated to accomplishments galore, health testing information, and lots of success stories with placed dogs winning competitions and titling, and theeen I might find a puppy page that mentions a litter or 2 upcoming, or asks for an application. IF THEY EVEN HAD A WEBSITE AT ALL! Some of the reeeally good ones could only be found through word of mouth and recommendation. The site it's self though is a showcase for the breeder's accomplishments as a well...breeder :). I feel like good breeders are trying to breed the next champion in conformation and/or performance, and the puppies that aren't that are awesome and great but not their main focus, and those puppies go to pet homes. They're not necessarily breeding pets, it's more like good pets happen because they're aiming for the best and the pets are virtually indistiguishable from the "best" except to a trained eye or hand(ler).

As for a service dog, service dogs have such a special temperament that I think I would only go with a breeder or organization that specializes in selecting a service dog (not a therapy dog but a service dog). I would also probably expect to not get my puppy until it was 6 months or older (and really probably 2 years old) so that it has been evaluated for temperament over time and received the specialized and intense socialization and foundational training that a service animal needs to be successful.

·
Registered
1,653 Posts
Please remember that reviews for anything online can be fake. Also, sometimes people write reviews immediately and then things happen (serious health conditions) down the road. Asking for references would be a better strategy. :)

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Please remember that reviews for anything online can be fake. Also, sometimes people write reviews immediately and then things happen (serious health conditions) down the road. Asking for references would be a better strategy. :)
Ok thank you so much. I’m looking into acapellastandardpoodles.com right now, any info on them?

·
Premium Member
4,085 Posts
Hi.

It's not necessary to mention anything being a caution flag. Questions come up in conversational flow and if you're not hearing answers that sound right to you, you can either ask more to see if a different approach clarifies things or thank them for their time and move on.

To reinforce what the others have said, here's my personal criteria, short and long version, and some tips.

Health testing of the breeding parents is a good indicator of a quality, conscientious breeder. The Breeder List has info on what to look for in the testing for each variety. Mentioning health testing on a site is nice but isn't proof. For proof, look for health testing results spelled out on the breeder's site, then verify for yourself by going to the site the results are published on. If you don't find any evidence of testing or can't find the info but the breeder appeals to you, contact them and ask where you might see the testing they do. Reputable breeders put in a lot of effort to make sure they're breeding the healthiest poodles and will be happy to talk about it and provide the info.

A caution that a health "guarantee" on a puppy doesn't have much to back it if the sire and dam were not given the testing for breed and variety. "Guarantees" without the testing often favor the breeder, more than the buyer.

Read thru any contracts that may be listed. If they rule out coverage for conditions that the breeding pair should or could have been tested for, consider that a caution flag. Otherwise, are the terms clear to you and can you live with them?

Conscientious breeders have a waitlist at the best of times and with pandemic puppy seekers, that wait is stretched well into 2021-2022. There have been more than a few serendipitous contacts between seeker and breeder, so don't be put off by the thought of a waitlist. Also, don't be put off if online sites aren't particularly updated. As often as not, breeders may prefer communicating by phone as well as email or text, and are busy with their dogs rather than keep a website updated.

When you start making contacts, let them know if you're open to an older pup or young adult.
Color preferences are understandable but keep in mind that you're limiting your options even further in a very limited supply of puppies. Many poodle colors change thru their lives.
Temperament is lifelong trait.

Be prepared to spend in the range of $2000 to $3500 USD. Conscientious breeders are not padding pricing due to Covid.

Be prepared to travel outside your preferred area.

As a very general rule, websites to be leery of are those that feature cutesy puppies with bows and such, little or no useful info on sires or dams, the word "Order" or "Ordering" (these are living beings, not appliances) and a PayPal or "pay here" button prominently featured "for your convenience".

An excellent source for breeder referrals is your local or the regional or national Poodle Club. An online search for "Poodle Club of ___ (your city or state)" will find them. You can also go directly to the national club site.

Some Poodle Club links are in the Breeder List.

As a sort of checklist of things to look for or ask, this is my personal criteria (I have another more detailed but just this for now):

My criteria need not be yours but I think it's important for a potential poodle owner to understand why these things matter in finding a conscientious breeder and to get a well bred puppy to share life with for many years to come. Simply being advertised as "registered" or even "purebred" doesn't mean that a puppy is well bred.

Every one of these is a talking point a conscientious breeder will welcome, just not all at the same time :)

My ideal breeder is someone who is doing this because they love the breed.
They want to see each new generation born at least as good as the previous, ideally better.
They provide for every dog in their care as if that dog is their own.
They will be there for the new family, and stand behind that pup for it's lifetime, rain or shine, with or without a contract.
They will know the standards and pedigrees of their chosen breed, health and genetic diversity of their lines, and breed to better them.
They will know of the latest studies in health standards for their chosen breed and variety and do the health testing of their breeding dogs.
They prove their dogs meet breed standards and are physically capable by breeding from sires and dams proven in competition or participating in other activities.
They do not cross breed.
They will have as many questions for me as I do for them.
They invest in their dogs. They don't expect the dogs to support them.

The Breeder List is not a complete list so be sure to look at the Multi listings too. Every name on the list has been recommended by a PF member or several, or I have found them by searching thru websites for breeders that the recommended breeder also recommends. Then I went to every website and/or the OFA site and/or a general internet search to verify any health testing done. I only did this initially, before adding them to the list. It's up to the seeker to verify the breeders current standing.

Definitely use the Poodle Clubs for breeder referral too.

The longer breeder criteria list

Breeding Program
! to maintain, improve, strengthen the breed
by breeding to standard, for health and genetic diversity,
and will prove their dogs meet these standards by showing or competing in other activities or by breeding from titled parents.
It's not the title, but what it shows
! focus is on quality, never quantity
! they do not cross breed
! they limit breeding to one to two breeds
! they limit breeding to only a few litters per year *

Breeding Parents
! registry information available
AKC Registry Lookup
Dog Search
! not too old or young for breeding
! not overbred
see Asking questions from a breeder
and Frequency of Breeding a Bitch
! genetic health testing done appropriate to breed and variety
! other health testing by exam such as annual eye, hips, patellas
! results of testing on own website, OFA site or testing lab
see Health Related Publications - Versatility In Poodles, Inc.
and OFA Lookup Look Up A Dog | Orthopedic Foundation for Animals | Columbia, MO

Living Conditions
! in home with family
! breeder allows, even encourages home visits

Puppies
! routine and urgent vet care, immunizations, dewormings
! socialization
! first groomings
! registry papers
! they will not require spay/neuter before physical maturity
! health "guarantee" generally favors the breeder, not the buyer.
health guarantee is no replacement for health testing of dam and sire.
does the contract/guarantee/warranty rule out covering conditions the parents should have been tested for
do you fully understand the terms of any contract/guarantee/warranty and can you live with them
beginning housetraining is a bonus
temperament testing is helpful

Advertising
! individual website to detail history of breeder, goals for their program
! information on dams, sires, puppies
! no trend pricing for color, gender or size,
! no marketing gimmick terms like "teacup" "royal"

! Anything not found on a public online site should be provided by breeder before buying.

* Many people prefer small scale breeders because they feel the puppies will have better socialization and it's very unlikely to be a puppy mill-like operation.
This doesn't mean that larger scale breeders can't do things right.
The breeder of record may not be hands on with every pup or poodle on the place but they should make sure that all the quality of life and attention are paid to all their dogs.

If a breeder wants me to believe that they believe in their dogs, they won't stop the investment when it comes time to find the new families. If they want to cut costs by using free advertising sites like craigslist or listing on retail marketplaces like puppyspot or puppyfind, or other classified ad sites such as newspapers, I wonder what else they've cut costs on.

Reactions: Vita

·
Premium Member
4,085 Posts
In addition to posting for opinions on specific breeders you can take advantage of the Search by typing in the kennel name in quotes. Then filter results if any by Most Recent.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Personally I would never buy a dog online and have it shipped to me. Do you know how many dogs they have as breeding dogs? Waiting list are a red flag because it shows that they are in constant flow of puppies. In the US factory farms/kennels are producing puppies and do lie about the care of the parents. I breed dogs and I would never ship a puppy. If the people are interested in my puppies they have to be willing to come to my house and see the parents and how they live. I don’t have a waiting list for my puppies. Right now I have a past buyer that is interested in another puppy from me. I don’t accept money for puppies that are not even here. Plus I don’t sell puppies unless they are a perfect match for the family.
keep looking for local puppies and go see the parents and how they live.

·
Registered
531 Posts
Personally I would never buy a dog online and have it shipped to me. Do you know how many dogs they have as breeding dogs? Waiting list are a red flag because it shows that they are in constant flow of puppies. In the US factory farms/kennels are producing puppies and do lie about the care of the parents. I breed dogs and I would never ship a puppy. If the people are interested in my puppies they have to be willing to come to my house and see the parents and how they live. I don’t have a waiting list for my puppies. Right now I have a past buyer that is interested in another puppy from me. I don’t accept money for puppies that are not even here. Plus I don’t sell puppies unless they are a perfect match for the family.
I agree with most of what you said (personally I would not want to buy a puppy if I couldn't meet the parents) but I don't think wait lists are a red flag.
Many top quality breeders have wait lists (which may or may not require a deposit), it doesn't mean they have lots of puppies but it may mean there could be a fairly long wait!

·
Premium Member
Killa and Tekno
293 Posts
I think waiting lists can be a good thing, it means they don’t always have puppies and want to match you with the right dog for you, not just the next available puppy. Also the breeder will always know how many homes are available and what type (show, performance, therapy, pet). My breeder is in very high demand and chooses who she sells to, not the other way around. I was on a waiting list for over half a year for my puppy, and was actually bumped up because I was a good match for an unusual performance prospect.

·
Registered
836 Posts
I think many breeders use wait lists to determine when to produce the next litter. If they don't have enough interest they won't produce puppies they don't have good homes waiting for. They don't want to be out there hawking puppies to Joe Public.

·
Premium Member
4,085 Posts
You'd mentioned wanting a service dog for autism. I don't mean to pry into the personal aspect of this but what types of services would a service dog for autism be expected to provide?

Do you have an idea of what training is needed for those services?

·
Premium Member
4,085 Posts
Waitlists are generally considered good. Many reasons are noted above.

No waitlist is not good when:
The breeder (nearly) always has puppies on the ground
There is no vetting of the buyer by the breeder to match puppies with families
There is no vetting of the breeder by the buyer
The price of admission is all it takes to get a puppy, "ordering" by size, color, etc

No waitlist can be ok when:
The breeder has puppies rarely
Their buyers are already known to them
The breeder is already known to the buyer
The payment isn't really a factor

Reviews
Some cautions are noted above already
You have no way of knowing if those are seeded
You have no way of assessing the reviewers knowledge of what makes a quality, conscientious breeder
A happy owner doesn't necessarily mean an informed owner. Good luck can make for happiness.

More on Waitlists and Deposits

No breeder that I could recommend will work on a strictly first come first serve basis only (pssst got the dough? here's your puppy).

There seem to be two main ways that breeders handle wait lists and deposits.

To some breeders the two are essentially the same. The new family and the breeder have had back and forth communications, vetted each other (an application also may or may not be required), and there is agreement between all parties. The good faith deposit is placed to hold a suitable puppy but there may not yet be puppies on the ground.

The other way is to follow the same procedures listed above but the waitlist and deposit are treated separately. The waitlist is the breeders way of keeping track of who wants what in a puppy, who's ready for a puppy, but the deposit is not required until puppies are on the ground.

There is a third way that can happen and that's serendipity. Possibly the new family and breeder have already gone thru this process with a prior dog and both feel comfortable with each other. Possibly the new family and breeder are introduced by someone known to each other so they feel comfortable. Waitlists and deposits may not figure in at all, puppies may be on the ground or planned, but the vetting either has been done before or is being vouched for.

Pros and cons to each way but that is between the breeder and the new family.

These are some examples of how a quality breeder handles deposits:

Example A

"Please be as thorough as possible when answering. Your answers help me choose which pup in the litter will be best suited to you and your family. Complete answers go a long way towards matching the best pups for the best families. Filling out the application is not a guarantee of approval. I require a $500 deposit to hold a puppy for approved families. If a litter does not result from a breeding then I will refund your deposit. Your deposit is not refundable in the event that you change your mind, purchase a pup from another breeder, etc. If you wish to be added to my waiting list complete the puppy application. Once approved you may send me a $500 deposit. Families who have been approved and send deposits are given first priority."

Example B

"Step 2: Waiting List

The "waiting list" is a document filled with dozens of potential families for our future puppies
. They range in colour preferences, family dynamics, time frames for bringing home a puppy, etc. When we are planning a litter, I will go through the waiting list and contact one family at a time until I find a few homes that are prepared for a new puppy. This is not necessarily a "first come, first serve" basis, but suitable families who have been waiting for 1 year will take priority over suitable families who have been waiting for 3 weeks. The order in which potential owners are contacted entirely depends on what we are expecting in the litter. If the parents of the litter are high energy and known for having more rambunctious puppies, we will be contacting more active and experienced homes. If the parents are mellow and easy-going dogs, we might contact the quieter, less active dog owners on our list.

Step 3: Litter Announcements

Litter announcements are posted on our social media pages, "Puppies" page of our website, and emailed to potential puppy owners (previously contacted and corresponded with before the litter was born). After this announcement, we will maintain contact and provide puppy updates while personalities begin to develop

Step 4: Matching Puppies to Families

Once the puppies are 4+ weeks old, we will evaluate temperaments and conformation, and decide whether we want to keep back a puppy to show. We typically have input as to which puppy will do best with which family, but the information gathered from 4-6 weeks old will confirm that. We will be able to tell which puppies are shy, high-drive, patient, etc. When possible, we encourage the potential owners to meet the puppy/puppies of our recommendation to ensure it will be a good fit.

Step 5: The Contract

Before taking reservations on any puppies, each potential owner will be emailed a copy of our contract of sa
le. This document outlines our requirements for spaying/neutering, taking proper care of the dog, and an agreement that the dog will be returned to us if the owners can no longer keep him/her. This contract is to ensure that each party knows their responsibilities, and that the dog will be cared for during their entire life. Any questions or concerns regarding the contract should be addressed before the puppy is reserved.
Step 6: Reservation Fees (Deposits)

A non-refundable fee of $500 is required to reserve a puppy, and goes towards the final purchase price. This secures the puppy to their family until pick-up day.
We will then arrange a date and time for pick-up. This is the time to start purchasing supplies, puppy-proofing your household, and brushing up on dog training and behaviour."

Features in common:

There is a planned litter. Each parent has been health tested and then matched to each other for (hopefully) specific results in the litter such as structure, soundness, temperament and drive.

The deposit is a good faith guarantee on both sides. The first states that the deposit will be refunded if there is no pregnancy and therefore no puppies. It would not be refunded because the buyer simply changed their mind.

The second breeder requires the non refundable deposit but not til after the puppies are on the ground.

With these types of breeders, they've not only made an investment in all their dogs, they've made an investment in you, the buyer who they've also carefully selected.

Examples of breeders that I'd run from:

• Buyer understands that a deposit of $500.00 is required to place a puppy on hold.
  • Buyer understands the deposit is non-refundable.
  • Puppy must be paid in full before it will be released or shipped to the Buyer. If payment on the puppy has not been made in full by the
    shipping date, or the set receiving date, the Buyer will then forfeit his/her deposit, and any claims on the puppy.
  • Payment can be made by:
    • Personal checks are accepted for payment of a puppy. Buyer understands that by paying with a personal check, the puppy will not be released or shipped until the check has cleared the bank.
    • Paypal, Visa, Mastercard, Discover, or American Express. These payment options will incur an extra 3.5% to cover the bank transaction fee charged by the credit card company (PAYPAL) or independent payment processor. Please contact seller with appropriate information."

"Deposits:
WE DO NOT ACCEPT DEPOSITS ON ANY PUPPY 6 WEEKS OLD OR OLDER. AT 6 WEEKS OLD ONLY PAYMENTS IN FULL WILL BE ACCEPTED. ALL PUPPIES MUST BE PAID FOR IN FULL ON OR BEFORE THE DAY THE PUPPY TURN 6 WEEKS OLD TO HOLD THEM UNTIL THEY ARE 8 WEEKS OLD AND THEY ARE PICKED UP, SHIPPED OR DELIVERED.
When you have decided to purchase your new Standard Poodle puppy from __, prior to the date the puppy turns 6 weeks old you will need to pay:
• $250.00 non-refundable deposit but transferable for Limited Registration on our male or female pups
• $500.00 or $1000.00 for Unlimited Registration on our male or female pups (The $1000.00 deposit price is for our ____)
• You may pay by Credit/Debit Card. On the right side of each page of the Website you will see the Side Bar. Scroll down on the Side Bar until you see the “PAY NOW” button. Right above that button you will see a drop down box with prices listed, select the appropriate deposit amount of either $250.00 or $500.00 and then click the “PAY NOW” button. You will then be directed to the page where you will enter your credit/debit card information. At the bottom that page you will see, “To pay by credit or debit card click here”. It may also say “Check Out as Guest”. Click there and follow those directions.
• You may also use your Paypal account. Send your PayPal payments to ____
• Fill out the contract. Please follow the directions carefully at the top of the contract.
Payment of Balance and Payment in Full:
• If you have put a deposit down on a puppy, PAYMENT IN FULL , minus the deposit amount, and including any shipping charges, is due on or before the day your puppy turns 6 weeks old. If we are delivering your puppy to you in person, you will be required to pay the delivery fee in cash when the puppy exchanges hands. If you are using our flight nanny services all fee must be paid in advance except the $250 flight nanny fee that will be paid in cash directly to the flight nanny.
• If you are purchasing a PUPPY that is 6 weeks old or older and have not previously put down a deposit, PAYMENT IN FULL is required at the time of the commitment to purchase.
• WE DO NOT ACCEPT CHECKS FOR BALANCES OR PAYMENTS IN FULL.
• If you are visiting ___ and picking out, paying for and taking home a puppy all in the same day we only accept Cash or Credit/Debit Card.
• You may pay by Credit/Debit Card. On the right side of each page of the Website you will see the Side Bar. Scroll down on the Side Bar until you see the “PAY NOW” button. Right above that button you will see a drop down box with prices listed, select the appropriate deposit amount of either $250.00 or $500.00 and then click the “PAY NOW” button. You will then be directed to the page where you will enter your credit/debit card information. At the bottom that page you will see, “To pay by credit or debit card click here”. It may also say “Check Out as Guest”. Click there and follow those directions.
• You may also use your Paypal account.
• Send your PayPal payments to __
• If you are purchasing a LIMITED REGISTRATION PUPPY, fill out the Limited contract
If you are purchasing an UNLIMITED REGISTRATION PUPPY, fill out Unlimited contract"

This all sounds reasonable until you see what is and isn't mentioned. What is mentioned: plenty of talk about payment and nothing else.

No talk of waitlist, no talk of alternatives, no talk of planned litters, planned results, puppies matched to owners needs...just send the money.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
You'd mentioned wanting a service dog for autism. I don't mean to pry into the personal aspect of this but what types of services would a service dog for autism be expected to provide?

Do you have an idea of what training is needed for those services?
Hi! This is a good question. Some of the services they provide is helping you with social cues, keeping you from running away/bolting, calming you down in meltdowns/panic attacks, sensing your anxiety and distracting you/calming you down etc, they also help with tics which I have. Dogs have always made me very happy and relaxed in general.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Hi! This is a good question. Some of the services they provide is helping you with social cues, keeping you from running away/bolting, calming you down in meltdowns/panic attacks, sensing your anxiety and distracting you/calming you down etc, they also help with tics which I have. Dogs have always made me very happy and relaxed in general.
And yes I do. My therapist is looking into organizations for that such as ADI. My mom is also working on getting my paper work in physical form from the hospital and some of my diagnosis‘s will be able to will be able to have my training/etc for free :)

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Hi thank you! Do you breed standards? If so could we speak?

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.