Poodle Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
765 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For the past week or so Normie has been sporadically vigorously scratching both ears.

I wondered about fleas, but he's not scratching anywhere else. So I wondered about ear mites.

When the mobile groomer came today I asked her to check him out. She said no fleas and that his ears look good. Not dirty, red or stinky. But that he does seem to be bothered by them. And his tummy has a few red areas.

She's guessing allergies. No changes in food, but I switched his anal gland meds from Glandex to No Scoot about the time this started. So that's my first suspect. Has anyone had a problem with No Scoot?

Or any other suggestions out there? I'd like to rule out a few things before I go to the vet.

thanks

·
Registered
474 Posts
I know for allergies dog can use benedryl but not 100% on dosage.I'd have the vet double check for ear mites. I know when our dog had them they were deep and could barely be seen even by him. we sat about 15 min before we got lucky and one scooted across the screen but she didn't have any other sign besides the scratching.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts