Poodle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wow!!!!! My old fuff ball is gone, I came back to pick up a completely new dog!!!!! Who looks like a poodle!!!

Groomer said she’s in love with him and just had clients come in all day wanting to love on him! Makes my heart happy to know he’s loved and did so well!!!

My sweet pup! I love it , don’t get me wrong, but it’s such a difference and I’ll have to get use to it! So happy I bit the bullet and did it!

What do y’all think?? I’m sure my family will flip when they see him!! But no worries I LOVE IT!!!

Sorry for weird photo of him between my legs. His favorite thing to do is put his face between my thighs and hide when scared or to get scratches. Wanted to show off his new blonde coloring on his back!! LOL. Anyone else’s dog do this??

Attachments

·
Registered
1,088 Posts
Oh what a gorgeous boy! Did he used to get mistaken for a doodle with all that cute fluff? No one will make THAT mistake again!! He looks very handsome.

People regularly look skeptical when I tell them Peggy is a standard poodle. They always say, "But mixed with something, right?"

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank you both!! I have to get use to this shaved face, like I said. I love his teddy bear look but this look is handsome and just stunning! I had to double check I had the right dog!! ;)

And yes people would mistake him for many things, one person thought he was a schnauzer?? I guess that was the cue it was time for a big-boy haircut!!

I think this haircut clears the air of him being a Poodle boy!!

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks Eric!! I truly appreciate it! Hes no longer a carpet of fluff! Some great members here on the forum suggested the German hair cut, great choice.

And yes his Poodle is shinning through finally! I also was laughing SO much! The groomer at first thought I hated it because I just couldn't stop laughing and saying "who's dog is this?" ha! But I love it, just SO different from what I am use to seeing!

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yes!!! This is not what I expected. Its like I need to re-bond with this "new" dog! I keep looking back at his old photos and his new photos and its so hard to see his personality with this new-do!
I truly can't wait to see how well he likes this haircut. He seems to be all smiles when I brought him home but maybe that's because I can actually see his face!!!

I know for a fact that my father will be so upset. He is not a fan of any "classic" poodle cut = aka SHAVED FACE! So this will be interesting to see how he interacts with Norman! They are normally good buddies (wrestling together) but I think this will really throw him off.

·
Registered
1,088 Posts
I think they really do like having a fresh haircut! They zip around with extra bounce, especially if they previously had any hidden little knots or mats around their bums, eyes, or armpits.

I'm sure your father will get over any feelings he has about Norman's haircut when they get back to playing their favorite games together.

And that hair will start growing back quickly!

·
Registered
797 Posts
Sorry for weird photo of him between my legs. His favorite thing to do is put his face between my thighs and hide when scared or to get scratches. Wanted to show off his new blonde coloring on his back!! LOL. Anyone else’s dog do this??
I've been training my spoo to sit between my legs facing forward as part of our agility start line routine. It calms him down a bit before the controlled chaos begins!

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Scooter: That is very smart and incredible that you teach that!

But Norman... I did not train him to do this! He is just a big goof ball which I love. And this is what he does multiple times a day! Maybe clams him down? Maybe he feels secure? not sure!

And thank you on the complements! I really am growing to love it more and more. Unfortunately so far, every member of my family is not a fan of it at all... But I keep reminding myself that hes my pup and I love it!

·
Registered
107 Posts
Aaaaaahhh!!! Look at fancy pants Norman!!!

I’m a huge fan of the cut! He looks so dashingly handsome. I think even though he’s more blonde on top now, it brings out the nice contrast in his unique coloring.

My face was like this —-> when I scrolled to the pictures! I appreciate a teddy Spoo as well as a “classic” but man is that boy handsome! I think Norman May have a date night in the next couple days he hasn’t shared with you yet!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
15,810 Posts
OHHHHH how beautiful he looks! There is nothing like the feel of a shaved poodle face! (as soft as velvet and no more water dripping all over the kitchen floor)..........LOL! It took me about 10 months to finally do a 'poodle do' when Molly was a pup, but it's been 7 years since then, and she has never had a furry face again! hahaha!

·
Registered
2,968 Posts
Wow! In photo #1 he looks just like a shih tau I once had only big, LOL In pic 2, 3 he looks like a gorgeous poodle. I love his cut and his coloring is just beautiful.

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
****Anyone have any advice on him biting his feet? I am not sure if he got too close of a cut on his feet but he seems to be biting them a lot (he never did before). Also he scratches at his ears which got shaved on the inside. Please let me know a good cure!!!! Not sure if soap left in the paws or loose hair?*****

Thank you all so much for your kind words! Unfortunately one family member will not adjust just yet... For example this person has been ignoring me LOL!!! And wont touch poor Norman. Very silly on their part but I have learned to stop caring what people think when it comes to my dog. I am the sole owner of Norman, paid for everything, so why should I let them control me feelings over a haircut? But what is most interesting is the fact that Norman can sense this person's emotions to where Norman will now not pay attention to this individual! He will walk by this family member and come straight to me now, not seeking any love or affection from them. I really think dogs have the ability to feel emotions and know when they are not wanted!

As for his color... He was originally all black with a few grey spots. Now.. BLONDE lol with a black face and grey spots. He is such a beauty that I never would have imagined me loving his blonde so much. I think blonde/creme pups are gorgeous but I have always been more attracted to black and dark browns. But now that Norman is blonde I have changed my mind!!! As he grew, those blonde roots came in quick! Looks more like his mama now, but his dads dark face lol.

He is as soft a velvet!!! His face to so clean that I have been none stop kissing his sweet little nose and face. I cannot resist this clean shave!!!!! I am so happy I did it! Granted, I still love the scruffy teddy bear look. But I think Norman is much happier without food and other gross things stuck in his face fur. I can see his happy face and smile and makes it so worth it.

Also, no more water dragged all on the kitchen floor! This was the biggest reason for shaving the face. The floor would be a POOL of water by 8 am! Even with the shaved face, I am still in habit of wiping his mouth with a towel after most of his drinks lol.

But thank you all again for your kind words. It makes me feel reassured I made the right choice, even though I love it! It is hard to be the only poodle-cut lover in a family of 5! Many WRONG opinions on how he looks ;)

1 - 20 of 26 Posts