Poodle Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
3,307 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
... less than 24 hours after my bath.... Jazz would never do something like that. Riiiigggghhht LoL. Ohhh, I was so mad LoL, OH well, guess thats what I get for not paying attention. They got into one of the new flowerbeds that has yet to be planted. Wonderful.

·
Registered
5,532 Posts
OH, oh, oh....that looks really bad! I think I might have cried! You just can't turn your back on the busy little buggers. Since my sister and I take our dogs on horseback rides, it is one of the reasons we stayed away from white/cream poodles. And I just love a good white poodle.

·
Registered
3,307 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Wonderpup, do you show her?
Nope, Jazz was sort of a rescue. She is spayed. She's going to compete in Obedience and Rally though.

Whats REALLY sad about that photo is the dirt (not all of which shows up in the picture) on the carpet that I paid quite a bit to have cleaned just two days prior... :mmph:

·
Registered
183 Posts
That sporty mud dog!

I also feel for you.

Star and my little white maltese run in wet grass, then through the planters and wind up mud dogs many a day.

Luckily, once it dries I can brush the visible dirt out pretty well!

·
Registered
5,532 Posts
Whats REALLY sad about that photo is the dirt (not all of which shows up in the picture) on the carpet that I paid quite a bit to have cleaned just two days prior... :mmph:[/quote]

Oh, no! I did notice mud bits on the carpet. Well, I guess I would have just sat down and cried. She sure is quite a site. :shock: After raising six kids, I don't have anything light in my house anymore. I did that and I spent more time cleaning than spending time with my children.

·
Registered
3,307 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I hate that carpet with a passion!!! So really I don't care if it's dirty or not except that I don't want to live in a dirty house lol. It's actualy commerical grade berber like what you might find in an office building... very odd.

What the REAL problem is though is when the humidity goes up, like when it's been raining, this carpet STINKS!! I pay to deep clean it EVERY 4 weeks to try and maintain control. Something underneath smells. My mother thinks, and I agree, that the previous homeowner must have had some kind of animal and the carpetpadding is what the problem is. It has a very musty/ amonia smell to it. I KNOW our cats aren't pee'ing on it, and I KNOW the dog's aren't pee'ing on it either. Mr. Wonder had a few accidents when he was younger and still isn't totaly housebroken but he stays on the tile now if we can't watch him 100%. I make double sure to clean up if he or Saleen does have an accident with a pet cleaner that gets rid of the smell I can smell as well as what the dog can smell. It has to be damange from the previous owner. The fact that the house was empty for almost two years when they foreclosed on it probably doesn't help matters.

We are ripping it up and putting wood throughout as soon as we can afford it. Haha... the cats are already trying to help us out by shredding the area just in front of the bathroom. I don't even gripe at them about it. How can I? This carpet's texture is the same as whats on their scratching posts and kitty tree... *shrugs*

·
Registered
1,403 Posts
Oh no! Well, she does look like she had fun at least. I would love a white poodle but my yard is all mud so i'd be bathing the poor dog every other day or so!

·
Registered
912 Posts
I'm sorry Wonderpup but I did have to :smile: she looks pretty pleased with herself, cheeky poo. I can just imagine her running through the garden beds thinking "my it's so good of Mummy and Daddy to put this beautiful dirt here for me".

·
Registered
3,307 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
How could I stay mad at Jazz?? Well I was pretty mad this morning because she came in from outside , which is really wet with dew on the grass and jumped right in the middle of the bed - time to wash the sheets again lol!!!

·
Registered
843 Posts
How could I stay mad at Jazz?? Well I was pretty mad this morning because she came in from outside , which is really wet with dew on the grass and jumped right in the middle of the bed - time to wash the sheets again lol!!!
That's what Gunther does when he is wet and dirty...straight for the bed.

·
Registered
339 Posts
Oh no....I feel your pain. Well, someone had fun. I hate to see mud tracks on the carpet. I know Chloe has been digging holes in the back yard. Hubby is not too happy with this activity. When he goes to mow the backyard, I :bolt:. Chloe seems to know how I hate to clean up the mud that she tracks everywhere in the house. She must like to see me on my hands and knees cleaning the carpet.:weep:

·
Registered
5,532 Posts
My husband and I have given up on keeping up with the dirt and mud in the house. When they are wet, we bring them into the cellar and let them spend some time in there drying off before they come into the house now. Our basement is exposed as we built into a slope. They have beds and toys in there and it is heated so they are comfortable while they are getting dry. It saves our sanity!! LOL

·
Registered
912 Posts
That sounds like a great set up spoospirit. Our kennel area is all concrete floors so when it rains which is not very often, the boys get to go straight in there and I dry them off, then just have to mop up afterwards. Our house is quite new and the OH would have a fit if the dogs tracked mud through the house, not that we have any carpet, all lino specifically for that reason!

·
Registered
1,881 Posts
Oh my!! She does look like she had fun and is well pleased with herself... lol. And I definitely know how you cannot, in any way, stay mad at a poodle, they just have this magical way about them and that look they give when they think you are upset with them...lol... just melts your heart. :)

But I would not find that "fun", you are kinder than I am by letting her 'rest' in the house like that...lol.... mine go straight into the tub before they are allowed to walk around the house. Not that my house is immaculate but that added mud to clean off the floors would frustrate me...lol.

·
Registered
3,398 Posts
we took up recurring stinky carpet and put down laminate floors! love it! can't even get scratched by them galluping around and sliding lol

1 - 19 of 19 Posts