Poodle Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I think Noodle is making me a better mom to my human. Yesterday the humans went skiing. My tween suddenly froze up and started complaining she hates skiing. This kid has been asking every day since Sept when we could go and now during the first run she was saying she wanted to leave and never ski again.

Suddenly I pictured Noodle, who is 6 months, and also a tween I think. He’s been putting his tail between his legs and cringing during some evening walks lately. Apparently holiday lights are terrifying.

The kid doesn’t have a tail but if she did, it would have been between her legs. Unfortunately I could not scoop her up and carry her until she was ready like I do with Noodle when he is too scared to even take a treat. But we got through the day anyway.

And then I got home and dealt with the pup who was absolutely devastated to sleep in pen he sleeps in every single night. We got through that too.

So hard to be a tween/teen.

·
Registered
450 Posts
Aww!!!
I think our 2 year old Spoo was afraid of the dark and holiday lights last night during the Santa parade.

This is the dog who marched in the Fall Fair parade while wearing a costume, and joyously working the crowd all the way along the route. He was especially gentle with people in wheelchairs, softly laying his head in their laps so they could pet him

Hope your human child will persevere with the skiing. My teens all had moments when they threatened to give away their snowboards. As adults, they are now triple black run snowboarders who moved to mountain towns just so they could easily spend weekends snowboarding

Sent from my STV100-3 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks, CP. I actually did give up skiing as a teen but got into it again with the kiddos. Hopefully we will all find a way past our fears Including all the scary holiday decorations. :)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts