Poodle Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2,496 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
"nom nom":

and not a poodle...

first a bone (I was gonna try doing some random shots of a bone, cos I can)...

or maybe I can't

Still not poodles, but these are the guys I'm looking after tomorrow night for a friend (she used to have 8, now THAT was fun to look after!)

·
Registered
2,496 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
annnnd STILL not a poodle, but a silly Jasmine... cos of course the ONLY way to chew on sticks is upsidedown

Oh, and when your sister bites your tail, you roll over in a hurry and attack them before they can escape (note Freyja's sudden "oooooppsy!" look on her face as the claws are coming her way!):

ok ok, here's a poodle again then

heh

·
Registered
2,496 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
they're show setters, the girl in the back is 11 though, and spayed, the other two are siblings, just over a year old. My friend lost 4 of her dogs last year, and rehomed another (who was one she took back in the first place, so was always open to a new home, if they right one came along; and it did), so she went from 8 to 3 dogs in one year, including her show bitch she was going to breed again and another show dog! So for now she's just loving her dogs; not worrying about showing or breeding or anything, just loving them. :) I've been looking after them when she goes away, for around 5 years now!

And they are NEAT dogs. *Totally* loveable and goofy. Not a whole lot in the brain department, especially when I'm used to a clever poodle! But very very gorgeous fun happy goofy dogs. And so pretty! It was fun turning heads when I walked 4-5 of them at once down the road, seeing so many at once was always even more stunning than just seeing one or two! heh. I could easily own one, they're easy dogs to have about, a bit like a lab or retriever who is lovable and gorgeous, happiest to lounge about with it's family, but happy to goof about in the yard and go for a run too.

I did get offered a pup (free, in return for the regular house/pet sitting I do for her!) from her last litter too but hubby said no... That was before I had Paris too, and if I'd have gotten a setter pup I possibly wouldn't have gotten Paris and as much as I like the setters, it's standard poodles who truely have my heart.

I'll get some more photos tomorrow to share. I have oodles of photos over the years too. :)

·
Registered
1,881 Posts
Those English Setters ARE gorgeous! I have always loved them and had considered them some years back. Now that I have the standard poodles though, I won't ever look back at another breed, they have stolen my heart for sure!

I LOVE that last pic of Paris, I love it when the poodles cock their heads like that...lol. Paris is such a gorgeous girl! :)

·
Registered
2,496 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
ok, so I only got a few other decent pics of the setters, and instead got caught up taking photos of the other dog being looked after there too; a shih tzu X lhasa apso. lol!!

·
Registered
1,546 Posts
You're photos made me laugh FD,
They're all so great, and particularly random.
That wee black thing looks pure evil!!
Freyja looks guilty
Riki looks sneaky
Paris looks cute
Those Setters look happy
These photos are great lol

·
Registered
4,481 Posts
Very nice! I enjoy all your pictures, you really are good at capturing such great moments!

·
Registered
1,002 Posts
that wee black thing makes me want a little dog again... hmmmm black toy poodle? :rolffleyes: He's a cutie pie!! Love the cat pics too!! And of course your Poodle is gorgeous!!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts