Poodle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just heard yesterday from one of our PF members, Dbrazzil, an owner/handler of Draco Noir. She's grooming Noir herself and doing an excellent job. At the shows in Sedalia, MO, Noir took WB both Friday and Saturday, and earned 2 points both days!! Haven't heard yet about today. As this is her first dog to show, Debbie is an encourager to others who are new to showing. I believe Noir has 12 points (correct me, Debbie, if I'm wrong) and now only lacks 2 majors. Congratulations and continued good luck!

Here is a photo of Noir from a show last month.

·
Registered
196 Posts
Thanks Amerique 2 for such a nice post. I have been showing Noir and year now and it is finally paying off! I did not show Noir the last day in Sedalia because she is singled out. My friend Deenna who I met at the Little Rock Ar show is also showing some of her poodles. We help each other out and give each other encouragement. Last night we spent another 5 hours grooming and looking over all the dogs from head to toe. Today, Deenna's silver male got winners dog and best of opposite, her black bitch got winners bitch and best of winners, her silver bitch got reserve and her white puppy bitch won 1st in her class. How is that for a nice pay back!
Thanks everyone for giving me encouragement when I was about to quit. Both Noir and I feel more comfortabe in the ring now and she acts like she is excited to be there. Also, she has learned to keep her tail up and show attitude!

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thought y'all might like to see one of Noir's photos from the Sedalia show. Debbie and Noir look great! Although with Noir's black coat it's hard to see her expression. Good job, Debbie.

·
Registered
1,958 Posts
CONGRATULATIONS !!!
And to win under this very respected breeder/judge (Bill Wiliam Cunningham) is a very big plus..
Way to go !!!

·
Registered
196 Posts
Thanks, I did not know this judge but he was very nice to us. This was the first time that I have done this show and I really liked the show site. I highly recommend this one.

·
Registered
12,183 Posts
Congratulations dbrazill!!! Those are some wonderful accomplishments for an owner/handler. You are clearly doing a wonderful job. Thanks Amerique for keeping us all in the loop.

·
Registered
1,958 Posts
This is an old timer judge, a very well respected breeder and judge. Most judges were once breeders or are still. It is an honor to win under some of them to include William Bill Cunningham from FLorida.

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Hope to see you all there! I'll be there just on Saturday for minis and standards.
Will be looking for you on Saturday. Just looked at the judging program--minis are at 12:35 and standards are at 1:35. Are you showing Bindi and Buoy?

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Actually, the shows in Little Rock are AKC. But you're right that we are lucky to have UKC shows. I think UKC would be a great way to get your feet wet showing in conformation. It's well known that UKC shows have a more relaxed atmosphere and comaraderie among the exhibitors. Where I live there are lots of AKC shows within 200 miles but no UKC shows. It kind of depends on where you are.

·
Registered
1,958 Posts
If there was such a thing as UKC shows here, I would definitely wet my feet and show my own dogs just for fun.. and still have them shown by my handler for CKC /AKC titles.

·
Registered
551 Posts
If there was such a thing as UKC shows here, I would definitely wet my feet and show my own dogs just for fun.. and still have them shown by my handler for CKC /AKC titles.
Hey Ora, there are a whole 2 events in Canada this upcoming month :)
Alberta may be a bit far, but there is one in Ontario.
It is funny, I have often thought it would be fun to do this with Baldr, and show that natural tails can win :cheer2:

·
Registered
1,958 Posts
Hey Ora, there are a whole 2 events in Canada this upcoming month :)
Alberta may be a bit far, but there is one in Ontario.
It is funny, I have often thought it would be fun to do this with Baldr, and show that natural tails can win :cheer2:
Snoorpoo:
Ok fill me in on the one in Welland Ont. Have no idea what are the grooming (pattern) requirements for UKC shows. Can I show a dog cut down not sporting a legal show pattern (puppy or adult) ??
It would be awsome because Cole still very much enjoys to show off and if I can venture into the show ring (UKC) and show him myself I would do so in a heartbeat.. This would be fun fun fun for me as I was never at the end of his leash and I believe that he so misses the show ring. He LIVED for it :) and still does. You should see how he walks on the forest trails as if he is in the show ring.. he love showing off.
So... what are the rules.. can I enter with him in the ring sporting the trim I had put on him after he was cut down. I am attaching his photo here.
Let me know please.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,958 Posts
Snorpoo:
It would be a wonderful idea if you can drive up to my house, stay over at our place and we can travel together and show the boys ourselves in Welland, Ont. I know it is far for you, but I will drive from here to Welland..:)

·
Registered
551 Posts
Snorpoo:
It would be a wonderful idea if you can drive up to my house, stay over at our place and we can travel together and show the boys ourselves in Welland, Ont. I know it is far for you, but I will drive from here to Welland..:)
That would be so fun, but I would want Baldr to have a winning chance, and I fear that his uncle may overshadow him :)
Unfortunately I haven't gotten my passport card or passport back yet :(

You can show Cole in your clip, they are much more lax in UKC, they even have a category for altered dogs.

Here is what they say for the Poodles, which are part of the Gun Dogs

It would be fun if we could co-ordinate this for another time tho !

1 - 20 of 32 Posts