Poodle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,334 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, that was one heck of a ride. Last Sunday we trialed twice in one day and qualified twice. This weekend we trialed again and got RA. Three legs in one week. I'm relieved and exhausted.

We also got to see Carol and her rottie Gabby win RaCh today. That was so special. I can't imagine what that feels like. What a huge journey.

·
Registered
7,158 Posts
Click, I’m so excited for you and Noelle. Well deserved, what a team you make. A hug congratulations.

That’s amazing you were there to celebrate with your friend earning her RaCh title. It was a special day for both you and Carol.

Reactions: Click-N-Treat

·
Premium Member
22,992 Posts
Thrilled, thrilled, thrilled for you and Noelle as well as for Carol and her brand new RACh Rottie.

·
Registered
12,365 Posts
Many, many congratulations! What a long way you have come in Rally in such a short time.

·
Registered
3,259 Posts
Huge congratulations to Noelle and you, Click :)!! Such an accomplishment. And now, yes, stay off those icy roads!

I bet Noelle is chuffed!

Congrats to the Rottie team on the new championship.

·
Premium Member
3,334 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks everybody. We came in second today. Five dogs entered Rally Advanced A, three NQed. The judge sharpened her pencil and didn't miss a thing. I'm feeling pleased with Noelle. We only started trialing in October. We have a long way to go before we're getting RaCh, but we'll get there. I know we will!

·
Registered
8,202 Posts
Who was judging today? She must have have been tough if only 2 out of 5 Q'd! How did you gals score (if you want to share)? I think it is amazing how well you're doing! Frosty and I have a whole year more experience, and we're nowhere near ready for Excellent.

·
Registered
1,439 Posts
Congrats! That does sound like some tough judging. I am looking forward to getting into rally. We have a match in a month and it will be our very first time for rally and ob.

·
Premium Member
3,334 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Noelle knows all the signs fluidly from Novice to Master. Our real challenge isn't the signs. it's heeling between the signs and staying connected as a team. That's why we're not ready to enter Excellent tomorrow. Today I was clapping my hands like kids clapping for Tinkerbell in a Peter Pan play.

Noelle's Rally Theme Song!

·
Registered
8,202 Posts
:lol: Click, how funny, I had to clap my hands the whole way around our last course too. Whatever it takes, right?

Have you looked into Denise Fenzi training stuff? My friend has really gotten good results in engagement with her dog from doing the program. I'm thinking of doing it, even though it seems quite overwhelming.

·
Registered
921 Posts
Congratulations to you and Noelle! :congrats:

A friend of mine was at rally in Lowell, IN last weekend. I was at the NW trials in Joliet and feel lucky to have missed the worst of Saturday night’s snow in Chicago. We’ll be enjoying weekends at home until Spring as well.

·
Premium Member
3,334 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Scooterscout99,

We were in Rockford when six inches of snow came out of nowhere on Saturday afternoon. No plows were deployed because the weather didn't mention snow. The plow guys had to get to their plows on roads that were suddenly full of snow. It was really scary. I don't know how to drive in the snow very well. I was miles away from home, in an unfamiliar area, alone with just Noelle and snow up to my eyeballs and it was -9 outside.

We trialed none-the-less the next day and qualified twice in the same day. That was my test to see if Noelle is capable of doing RAE and TQ for RaCh title. Yes, she can get it together and go in the ring repeatedly for different courses. That's good to know.

But, snow my god. No more winter trials. Last week tested me to the limit with snow, then bitter cold, and now icy roads on the way home today. No more winter trials for me. Bleh.

·
Premium Member
3,334 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
And yess, I’m feeling chuffed. Thanks for asking. These are my new shiny things. Mom says I am not allowed to eat them. I don’t know what they are for, but they make Mom smile.
Love, Noelle

1 - 20 of 30 Posts