Poodle Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,549 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I inherited my mother’s piano in March. I am very much a beginner, but I practice every day. When I practice, my daughter puts on her headphones, and my husband leaves the house. No one wants to listen to me stumbling along. Well, almost no one. Noelle hangs out under the piano bench. At least someone likes my playing.

·
Premium Member
15,810 Posts
I love pianos! My Grama was the organ Player at Holy Hill Cathedral in Wisconsin for 50 years, but her piano was her joy! I bet you'll have it sounding good, since after all, it is a string instrument LOL!!!! Perhaps you can teach Noelle to accompany you with her voice........

Reactions: Click-N-Treat

·
Registered
10,294 Posts
Oh Click! That's awesome. You will enjoy this so much. I think there's no nicer instrument than the piano. I'm biased though...been playing since I was very young. But am drastically out of practice. I think that's admirable that you're practicing every day. Are you taking any lessons? Noelle looks very content. Lots of good wishes for your enjoyment and enrichment. It's a great thing to do...suppose to be good for the brain too...to keep it sharp. :alberteinstein:

·
Premium Member
3,549 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I played the cello professionally for many years, so reading music comes naturally. What doesn’t come naturally is moving both hands in rhythm. The piece I am working on is in Db. It has syncopated beats. Is it a beginner piece? No. More advanced intermediate. I needed more difficulty to keep my interest.

·
Premium Member
23,881 Posts
Nice!

·
Registered
503 Posts
I inherited my mother’s piano in March. I am very much a beginner, but I practice every day. When I practice, my daughter puts on her headphones, and my husband leaves the house. No one wants to listen to me stumbling along. Well, almost no one. Noelle hangs out under the piano bench. At least someone likes my playing.
Such a good and loyal dog!

Sent from my STV100-3 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
7,676 Posts
I love that Noelle is so loyal - she adores you even when you are struggling with syncopated beats.

I struggle with playing syncopated piano music, even the easier pieces like Scott Joplin’s Maple Leaf Rag. It’s so hard.... but I know you are up for the challenge.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts