Poodle Forum banner
41 - 45 of 45 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,639 Posts
Discussion Starter · #41 ·
I’m glad it went well. Hopefully this morning they will have bounced back to their normal selves.
Here's to a quick recovery! Keep us posted on their progress!
Thank you, they've both recovered themselves and are out of the fog. Remo took longer, until last night at just about this time, but they're back :).

I'm still waiting for the Dr to find some time to provide some of the medical details but otherwise we're on course for uneventful recovery.

·
Premium Member
5,639 Posts
Discussion Starter · #42 ·
Final report.

Two weeks and an ooch and both boys are doing very well. I'd maintained that neither boy was showing any signs of pain, but something that had all but stopped resumed in earnest the other day, bitey face fighting!

It had slipped away gradually, so if I'd noticed it at all, I would have just thought they'd outgrown it. It's hard to notice things that aren't there :(.

They're also playing more again, not more often, but longer and more actively when they do than in some time too.

We had a surprise with Neo and found out that he had three adult teeth that had almost for certain never come in.

·
Premium Member
Elroy: Standard Poodle 02/20/21
2,277 Posts
Final report.

Two weeks and an ooch and both boys are doing very well. I'd maintained that neither boy was showing any signs of pain, but something that had all but stopped resumed in earnest the other day, bitey face fighting!

It had slipped away gradually, so if I'd noticed it at all, I would have just thought they'd outgrown it. It's hard to notice things that aren't there :(.

They're also playing more again, not more often, but longer and more actively when they do than in some time too.

We had a surprise with Neo and found out that he had three adult teeth that had almost for certain never come in.
Well that's a good sign (more bitey, playing)! What are the consequences, if any, of the adult teeth not emerging in Neo? Will it still happen later?

·
Registered
9,345 Posts
Do you think one or both had some mouth pain that contributed to less bitey face fighting?

Do they do anything for teeth that didn’t emerge?

Good to hear both are back to normal. You know things are getting better when dogs return to normal play.

Reactions: Rose n Poos

·
Premium Member
5,639 Posts
Discussion Starter · #45 ·
Well that's a good sign (more bitey, playing)! What are the consequences, if any, of the adult teeth not emerging in Neo? Will it still happen later?
Do you think one or both had some mouth pain that contributed to less bitey face fighting?

Do they do anything for teeth that didn’t emerge?

Good to hear both are back to normal. You know things are getting better when dogs return to normal play.
Thanks! They are definitely feeling more oaty :).

I asked if she could tell whether they had simply never developed, probably a genetic thing, or if they'd started or broken or something and been resorbed. She thinks they just never started development based on the x-rays. She also didn't think it was predictive of any future concerns.

As for having pain, I'm sure now that there was for both. I would have sworn there wasn't before their recovery but seeing the difference now tells me all.

I mean, how could a dog crack down on and hew chunks off of a yak chew if they had pain doing it? They were both eager for their walks, playing and chasing things and each other inside and out, ate with no difficulty, truly nothing overt to tip us off that they might be hurting. I don't think it had been for months, but even to not have noticed for a few weeks, I just feel like a bad pooparent.

We did get them fixed up as soon as we got into the vet's and their schedule allowed, but...:(

They're happy happy boys now and I'm going to do my best to keep them that way.

Reactions: fjm
41 - 45 of 45 Posts