Poodle Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I'm brand new to the forum.

My family and I are on a waiting list for a Standard poodle puppy planned for next Autumn 2020.

I'm using the 10 months or so leading up to do all my research and to get everything ready. I plan to read lots on the forum to help with my (current) limited knowledge. My husband grew up with a standard poodle so he is pretty much up to speed, but I'm not. I'm hoping to learn lots and am interested in navigating round the forum to learn lots!

·
Registered
7,255 Posts
Hi and welcome to you, your family and your future spoo.

Smart to plan ahead so you'll be well prepared.

Reactions: Emma5

·
Premium Member
4,101 Posts
Welcome - you will find tons of informative here on the forum. I have a standard that I would not trade for anything - awesome dogs.

·
Premium Member
23,162 Posts
Welcome to PF and you will find tons of stuff to read here while you wait!

Reactions: Emma5

·
Premium Member
9,690 Posts

My family and I are on a waiting list for a Standard poodle puppy planned for next Autumn 2020.

I'm using the 10 months or so leading up to do all my research and to get everything ready. I plan to read lots on the forum to help with my (current) limited knowledge. My husband grew up with a standard poodle so he is pretty much up to speed, but I'm not. I'm hoping to learn lots and am interested in navigating round the forum to learn lots!
Emma, welcome to PF! Very wise of you to do the research before “Gotcha Day”. Poodles are SO smart, but they require finesse in training. Spend some time searching the Forum or reading about training. I only had experience with Scottish Terriers, Poodles were next level for me. Bring game and have so much fun playing and training!

·
Registered
22 Posts

Mazel Tov on your upcoming canine companion. I was remiss and did not due the proper research on a small dog as this is my first. I will say you came to the right forum. All participants are knowledgeable and willing to help in any way. I am new to the forum but welcome and in my small introduction have already found many resources

·
Registered
6,901 Posts
Hello and welcome ! You’ve come to the right place to learn. What is your rank on the waiting list ? Will it be male or female and have you given a deposit yet ?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Q
Hello and welcome ! You’ve come to the right place to learn. What is your rank on the waiting list ? Will it be male or female and have you given a deposit yet ?
We are first on the waiting list. Not paid any deposit yet as still ages away. We are hoping for a blue boy from the planned pairing!

·
Super Moderator
5,118 Posts
How smart to plan ahead! I'm so excited for you and impressed by your self-control! You're going to have so much fun with your new companion.

If you've not already, I recommend reading Ian Dunbar's "Before and After Getting Your Puppy" cover to cover, and finding a good, supportive trainer who understands poodles and offers a variety of group classes for your dog to grow through, beginning with socialization. We'd be lost without ours, and I considered myself to be fairly dog savvy! Spoos are a whole new world.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts