Poodle Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I love seeing everyone's pictures, so I decided to try to post some of my own. I've never used Flickr before. Hope this works! I don't have a great camera, so I asked my dogsitter to take these pics when I was out of town.

*Note: I couldn't figure out how to get the pictures in the post, so here are links to them.

Nikki missing me

What? I'm not doing anything.

Nikki lying down

Beautiful little face

Also, here's the latest
. My assistant creates these for the Nikki page on my website. This one shows Nikki's reaction to me getting my hair straightened. LOL! Just so you know, these videos do promote my books. They're just a fun way for me to connect with dog-loving readers.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Okay, that was a tiny test. Now if I can figure out how to get the full-size picture up there, we'll be all set. This is embarrassing!

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I give up. I'm going to have to look for instructions. If I can figure out how to delete this thread, I will. Major apologies, everyone! :(

·
Registered
918 Posts
Cute photos!

To embed photos from Flickr, just click on "all sizes" above the photo. Choose which size you want. Below the picture there is a place that says "Grab the photo's URL:". Copy the link/text in that box.

Come back here, click on the yellow photo icon in the text editing toolbar above the posting box. Paste the link into the text box that pops up. That's it, you should be set from there.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hooray! It worked! Thank you so much. I *never* would've guessed all that! Here are the other pics of my pretty girl:

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Sorry it took me so long to reply! I've been traveling. I had fun (book tour), but it's so good to be home. Nikki was very happy to see me. :)

Nikki is seven. Hard to believe. She still seems like a puppy to me.

·
Registered
336 Posts
Nikki in your video is so adorable. You have a wonderful sense of humor. You made me laugh. Your readers will love it too. Love the hair style.

Don't delete this tread the pictures and video are too cool...

Do you write poodles into any of your books/stories?

·
Registered
1,648 Posts
video is awesome makes me think of your book covers for some reason- same sorta quirky style.

Now other option for putting pictures in a thread- you don't need flicker- just have them on your computer- when you go to post- click on 'manage subscriptions' (This would be under 'go advanced' for a reply) then upload photos from your computer- close that little window and voila they are there

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Do you write poodles into any of your books/stories?
The next book I'm about to start on has therapy dogs in it. Maybe I should include a standard poodle. I love them so much! Just that wonderful poodle energy. How can anyone resist?

I'm glad you liked the video! Yes, I think life is too short not to laugh every day. LOL

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Thank you, neVar! I'll try that next time. In fact, I have a few more pictures now. I'll try to upload them this evening.

I love my new book covers. They really give the feeling of the books. Lighthearted, romantic. I'm very lucky! For the most part, the Nikki poodle videos aren't romantic... but we did do one video where she goes on her first date. It's pretty funny. All her little videos are available on my website, susanmallery.com

·
Registered
336 Posts
Your collection of books

The next book I'm about to start on has therapy dogs in it. Maybe I should include a standard poodle. I love them so much! Just that wonderful poodle energy. How can anyone resist?

I'm glad you liked the video! Yes, I think life is too short not to laugh every day. LOL
Yesterday I looked at the vast collection of your work on your site. Wow you have been busy. Each and every book sounds fabulous. I love all the titles. I can't make up my mind which to pick first. I made a list of your books and plan on picking up a couple next time I'm at the book store.

Tell us -- I know its off topic -- but -- do you have a favorite? Is there one that stands out that you enjoyed writing most of all? Or do you have one with a favorite storyline? How long does it take you to write each book?

And yes, please please write poodles into your books.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Hi, Hi! :) I know it sounds like a cop-out, but the honest answer is that my favorite book is always the one I'm working on at the moment. I'm so deep into the story that I feel everything the characters feel. I probably sound a little nuts as I write - my characters make me laugh out loud all the time. Fortunately my dh works, so only Nikki is at home with me while I write, and poodles are nonjudgmental.

My latest book is called CHASING PERFECT, and it's the first book of the series that will have therapy dogs in it. You can read a free excerpt at foolsgoldca.com.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts