Poodle Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

So poppy is just over 8 months and was toilet trained super quick sleeping through the night from 2-3 weeks of training.

I got rid of the crate at night 2 months ago and she slept on the floor through the night.

however the last few weeks she’s been crying at 3am to go to the toilet. Not sure why or what’sdifferent. Any ideas how I stop this. I don’t restrict water and she goes to be around 10pm

·
Premium Member
Miss Pia Maria , Mr. Leonard Pink , Ida Lou and Ussman
8,563 Posts
My toys pretty much had to have a middle of the night toilet break until they were a year old, I kept them in a crate until then.
If there isn't a change in frequency in her toileting, as in more which would mean a possible UTI, then she isn't ready to hold her bladder over night, I wouldn't restrict access to water.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
What happens when she wakes you up? e.g. Does she potty? Pee or poo? Do you turn on the lights? Go outside with her? Does she go right back to sleep? Etc.
she goes straight back to sleep (I don’t). She whimpers by the door, runs straight out and comes back.Just a pee. I don’t turn lights on just outside.

what’s weird is she has been sleeping through for 5 months. This is new

·
Administrator
14,407 Posts
Since she’s peeing every time, and going right back to sleep, I would be less concerned about stopping the behaviour at this point than figuring out the reason for it.

Has the weather been warmer? Or have you recently made any changes to her food? She could be drinking more (or even dehydrated, which can cause urgency).

Is she peeing more during the day?

Has she been spayed and/or had a first heat cycle?

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Since she’s peeing every time, and going right back to sleep, I would be less concerned about stopping the behaviour at this point than figuring out the reason for it.

Has the weather been warmer? Or have you recently made any changes to her food? She could be drinking more (or even dehydrated, which can cause urgency).

Is she peeing more during the day?

Has she been spayed and/or had a first heat cycle?
the weathers been warmer so I think she’s drinking quite a lot. She’s not been spayed but I guess die her first heat.

·
Premium Member
15,147 Posts
She could be heading for her first heat - mine are always more urgent around then - or it could be the warm weather. Have you tried taking her out just before bed and waiting to be sure she empties her bladder?

Reactions: PeggyTheParti
1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.