Poodle Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
465 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Aside from her face, we've not had her groomed. We'd just done her face and feet (she didn't have tail hair when we adopted her..nor ear hair) while waiting on her legs to grow hair, but she's just been unbearably wooly and looked like a small, black cotton ball. So, off with the hair:)

Her face was shaved a bit high, but I'll just be more specific next time. And her poms are small because one leg was shaved for a cath from her spay a month ago, so they were cut to be even (otherwise one would be a tiny pom and the other a larger one..and that's just silly). Once everything grows, she'll have larger poofs.

I will say that I forgot to mention anything about the tail (her tail hair was naked...to the skin...when we adopted her, so we've been waiting on it to slowly grow out). My DH wants her to have a poof on the tail. I forgot to mention anything about it, thinking the hair short enough they'd not do much, and they trimmed it. Poor DH It's hair and will certainly grow again, though, which he realizes.

I know big topknot poofs with short hair aren't everyone's thing, but I requested it, as I've been ever so slowly waiting on her topknot to be long enough to do stuff with, and I wasn't willing to give up the head poof:)

All in all, they did very well with what I know was a wiggly, wiggly little dog (I don't think her former owners ever groomed her and she turns into a small tornado at the prospect of any grooming..we're working on it, but it is a process) and even managed to keep things even on her crooked leg.

Here's a washed out flash picture, as I was letting her recoup before carting her around to good lighting:)

·
Registered
1,648 Posts
she looks fabulous! i love the super short body with the big top knot ( I loff short ears) and poms!

·
Registered
465 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
we live in Arizona, so she's definitely enjoying the short 'do. My Chow is a little envious, I think

·
Registered
114 Posts
What a cute little girl, love that topknot, she's really rockin'it!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts