Poodle Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
474 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
tbh, I’m not sure that’s kind of what I’m thinking though bc she’s developed a lot more brown since she was born. The brown used to just show on her back but now it’s all over and striped. Still no name yet 😩 I’ve been driving myself insane trying to find a good fit but I haven’t found the perfect fit yet. Hopefully, when she comes home she’ll just name herself 😂

·
Super Moderator
5,223 Posts
Tiger! I think that would be the cutest name for a stripey little girl.

She also looks like an adorable little Ewok right now. Wicket is the most popular Ewok, but there are others:

Chirpa
Teebo
Nicki
Paploo
Nippet
Widdle
Nanta

And there are way more! Ahhhh... Brainstorming names for a puppy is so fun.

·
Registered
1,543 Posts
I hope you post a picture of her once she has been clipped. She looks very cute.

Johanna

·
Registered
474 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I hope you post a picture of her once she has been clipped. She looks very cute.

Johanna
Yes, I will. Her coloring is killing me because at first the chocolate color was just on her back and up until this week its been very subtle changes. We picked her knowing she could possibly change. there's brindles on moms side but this is the first pup this breeder had that had the brindle possibility, so we're both kind of in aww at it and waiting to see what happens. I would think if she is a brindle then she'd be a reverse brindle? Her main color is is black and the chocolate coloring is the striping and it seems to go to the root but I don't know too much on brindles and there's really not a lot of information on the brindles/reverse brindles. so now it'll be the shave and see. lol I just keep calling her my tye dye puppy. 😂

·
Registered
7,262 Posts
She’s absolutely adorable. I bet she can’t wait to get to her new loving home. Since you have a Tiffany theme, have you considered Tiffany?

I know someone with a black brown brindle poodle. It’s hard to see the brindle effect unless he is clipped short and we’re outside in the sun. In the shade or when his fur is longer it’s very hard: he just looks black. If you didn’t know he was “brindle” most people would just say he’s black.

Ask your breeder to get your puppy used to grooming. Her face should be shaved more than one time before you pick her up.

Reactions: Dogs4Life

·
Registered
474 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
She’s absolutely adorable. I bet she can’t wait to get to her new loving home. Since you have a Tiffany theme, have you considered Tiffany?

I know someone with a black brown brindle poodle. It’s hard to see the brindle effect unless he is clipped short and we’re outside in the sun. In the shade or when his fur is longer it’s very hard: he just looks black. If you didn’t know he was “brindle” most people would just say he’s black.

Ask your breeder to get your puppy used to grooming. Her face should be shaved more than one time before you pick her up.
Do you know if they looked similar to this color as a pup? She’s not shaved bc I asked the breeder not to, I have my own little routine that I prefer to get her ready for grooming. 🙂

·
Registered
2,374 Posts
What a cutie- you must be so excited!

Reactions: Whoiscoconut

·
Registered
7,262 Posts
I never saw the brindle as a puppy, only as an adult. It's someone who I meet every once and a while in the park, I don't know their name, just their dog's name.

Reactions: Whoiscoconut

·
Registered
1,543 Posts
I'm an old fuddy-duddy who thinks poodles should be a solid color as specified in the standard of the breed. I have been involved with poodles since 1967 and until recently I had never heard of a brindle poodle. Somehow I suspect there was a traveling salesman non-poodle somewhere in the background.

What I do know is that in almost every breed there are people who think that breeding dogs whose color is not what the breed standard accepts makes them more valuable because they are rare. Generally speaking, when a breed standard specifies colors, there was a good reason for putting that in the standard.

·
Registered
474 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I love her coloring, but I also didn't buy her to show or breed. this is the first brindle this breeder has produced (if she is a brindle) Her brothers and sisters in the litter are all solid. I personally loved her unique coloring from the get go, I had my choice of her or a solid black but I found her coloring as a special added bonus on the excitement of seeing where it goes when she clears. she's my little runt and regardless of where she stands among others, she has a solid place in my heart here. My goal was to pick the best puppy for my family and I, and she's quite perfect for us.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts