Poodle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
474 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I don’t like the term either. I prefer splash, bc they have a splash of color lol but I figured no one would understand it.

·
Registered
474 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
He’s handsome! The thing that had me so curious is because on her back neck and a bit by her eyebrows she has brown. I’ve seen the white chests and have always loved it. I’m so curious to see how her coloring develops. The brown started really small and each week it gets more visible and in more areas, so she’ll be fun to watch as she grows

·
Registered
474 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
She looks like my guy, a black with a white blaze, I also like the term abstract. This is actually a marking that occurs in many breeds and I think it adds to the cuteness!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
is he a mini or standard? I love his cut! I usually never did poodle clips on mine but he's very handsome with his! looks very elegant! I'm thinking I may have to try some with out new girl. I never expected to love poodles until my Gia came along, they were never on my radar before. After her my love was undeniable and it took me years now but I've grown to respect and love the clips too. she was so small though I always just did the little puppy cuts.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Willy is a mini, though he’s oversized at about 15 1/2 inches and 19.5 pounds.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I got him clipped like this last time because the bracelets were driving me nuts and kept catching seed pods. I like them but I don’t have the patience to keep brushing them out. I think this picture gives you a better reference for his size, but doesn’t show his white. I can’t wait to see how your puppy turns out!

·
Registered
474 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I’m still so curious where she’ll end up sizing wise. Both parents are toy, so we know she’ll be a toy. But Her dad is 4lb and mom is 7-8lb. So it’ll be exciting to see if she takes after mom or dad or in between!

·
Registered
2,374 Posts
You must be so excited! My Gracie has a white blaze too. Here she is at a couple days old and now. None of the white faded, it’s the same mark she had at birth, although I understand sometimes it goes away.
I don’t like the term mismark wither. It seems many of the terms that are outside the standard have derogatory connotations. “Bad black” is another one.

Attachments

Reactions: Porkchop

·
Registered
474 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
You must be so excited! My Gracie has a white blaze too. Here she is at a couple days old and now. None of the white faded, it’s the same mark she had at birth, although I understand sometimes it goes away.
I don’t like the term mismark wither. It seems many of the terms that are outside the standard have derogatory connotations. “Bad black” is another one.
the thing that makes me curious is her brown, she had some on her after a week and it’s growing now! I loved the brown and it’s part of our reasoning on picking her. I’ve just never seen a black and brown poodle. The white I love too but that wasn’t present until these pics. I’m glad it’s there though! I love the splash!

·
Registered
474 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I don’t really care teen. Bad black, abstract, I like using splash. Splash of color. No matter how she grows and how she turns out this is my baby now!

1 - 20 of 23 Posts