Poodle Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My name is Kristina. I am a groomer in ga. One of my clients gave me their poodle, nike, for Christmas. I am not a poodle person, I have cresteds but he is growing on me. I am looking for good grooming ideas for him.

·
Registered
875 Posts
What Size is he?

I groom my toy like a Hairless chinese crested, because it is the only thing that looks right on her, and, well I really like hairless cresteds

you can pretty much do anything with poodle hair, its just more or less what you are willing to maintain.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Welcome Kristina! Nike looks groomed to perfection. He is a handsome boy! Maybe you can give some of us grooming tips?

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I just never realized how slow dog hair grows. I groom them, a few months later they come back all shaggy and I groom them again but this waiting for him to grow out is hard :)

BTW, I show Chinese Cresteds, both hairless and Puff so I have never had a dog that actually needed hair cut off before. Usually I am trying my best to keep it on.

·
Registered
4,481 Posts
Welcome - I am HOOKED on Poodles!

:)If I could have 10, I think I would - of course I would also have free dog food, free grooming and no health issues too!:):) Oh and a personal pooper scooper~

·
Registered
1,599 Posts
Welcome - I am HOOKED on Poodles!

:)If I could have 10, I think I would - of course I would also have free dog food, free grooming and no health issues too!:):) Oh and a personal pooper scooper~
I couldn't agree more. If you can ever find a way to make that all work out let the rest of us in on it.

Welcome to the forum. Your avatar does look lovely.

·
Registered
1,355 Posts
I LOVE puffs! Nike is very cute and I love the clip he is in now, the German really suits him. I have my toy in a modified town and country (due to a grooming oops LOL) She looks cute though. There are LOTS of things you could do, just have fun with it, and of course post pics!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts