Poodle Forum banner

Newbie to forum and poodles.

1345 Views 11 Replies 11 Participants Last post by  passion4poodles
My name is Kristina. I am a groomer in ga. One of my clients gave me their poodle, nike, for Christmas. I am not a poodle person, I have cresteds but he is growing on me. I am looking for good grooming ideas for him.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts
What Size is he?

I groom my toy like a Hairless chinese crested, because it is the only thing that looks right on her, and, well I really like hairless cresteds

you can pretty much do anything with poodle hair, its just more or less what you are willing to maintain.
Welcome! I've seen Nike's pics on the groomer's forum and he's a beautiful boy.
:welcome: I can't wait to see pictures of Nike!!
Welcome Kristina! Nike looks groomed to perfection. He is a handsome boy! Maybe you can give some of us grooming tips?
wow! just from your avatar, he looks a stunner!
I agree...just from your avatar, he is awesome looking!
Oh and welcome to the forum!
Welcome! It just depends what you like and how much time you want to spend maintaining it!
I just never realized how slow dog hair grows. I groom them, a few months later they come back all shaggy and I groom them again but this waiting for him to grow out is hard :)

BTW, I show Chinese Cresteds, both hairless and Puff so I have never had a dog that actually needed hair cut off before. Usually I am trying my best to keep it on.
Welcome - I am HOOKED on Poodles!

:)If I could have 10, I think I would - of course I would also have free dog food, free grooming and no health issues too!:):) Oh and a personal pooper scooper~
Welcome - I am HOOKED on Poodles!

:)If I could have 10, I think I would - of course I would also have free dog food, free grooming and no health issues too!:):) Oh and a personal pooper scooper~
I couldn't agree more. If you can ever find a way to make that all work out let the rest of us in on it.

Welcome to the forum. Your avatar does look lovely.
I LOVE puffs! Nike is very cute and I love the clip he is in now, the German really suits him. I have my toy in a modified town and country (due to a grooming oops LOL) She looks cute though. There are LOTS of things you could do, just have fun with it, and of course post pics!
1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.