Poodle Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys,

Sorry if this has been posted a thousand times, I am new to this so thought I would start here.

Quick overview, I am looking to get a Poodle, I have fallen in love with them since my friend had one for the past 5 years. From what I understand, it's an 'unpoodled poodle'! So, not cruft or Vogue style?!

The questions I have were primarily around are the Miniature Poodles good around Children and generally good dogs? I bought my parents a Cavapoo 2 years ago, a dog that is a joy and wonderful with Children of all ages. Happy on his own, and happy to be around a lot of people with a great personality.

Will I get that from a Miniature Poodle?

Thanks for your help,

·
Registered
4,502 Posts
Normally the ones Iknow are good around everyone, however I have toys and do not allow children to touch them, so they are afraid of kids. I think that size would be fine, mine are small and fine boned, and I afraid a child would hurt them

·
Registered
344 Posts
The short answer is: yes! :) I agree with glorybeecosta that a bigger miniature poodle would be the best fit with children, so that he/she is robust enough to handle the unintentional roughness that inevitably comes with playing with children. So, all else being equal, try to get a pup that's likely to be closer to 14-15 inches (top of the mini height range) than 10 inches (bottom of the mini height range).

And, if you want greater assurance about the pup's temperament/size, get an older pup/young adult rather than an 8-week-old pup.

Good luck!

Kevin

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys most appreciated.

Would anyone able to recommend a good breeder of a Red Miniature Poodle. I live in Manchester so ideally not too far away?

Many thanks

Jake

·
Registered
586 Posts
Check with the kennel club in your area and they should be able to give you breeder lists. I have a 13” at the withers tall mini and he is excellent with children.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts