Poodle Forum banner

New. :)

1K views 12 replies 9 participants last post by  mandi 
#1 ·
Hi There,

My husband and I are in the process of adopting our first Spoo! We pick him up on Saturday.
We currently have a cavalier king charles spaniel (named Jack) and an african grey named Echo.

This is the boy we went to meet yesterday. He's super sweet, but a bit boisterous. as he spent the first few months of his life in a kennel at a shelter.

http://www.petfinder.com/petnote/displaypet.cgi?petid=14530468

We are super excited about him! We almost took him home right away yesterday, but we decided to get his crate/toys, etc set up first.

He has his first in home training appointment on the 7th of October, and I'm taking him to be groomed on Tuesday already. He is not as clean/short (or white) as he is in the picture, it is about 3 weeks old. He looks white but he's actually darker, his ears are apricotish? I'll post more pictures as we go.

The rescue calls him Holden, but he really didn't respond to that name, cute as it is.

We wanted a french name (cliche' I know, but) so we deliberated for a while last night.
We decided on Phillipe'...but we will be calling him Flip for short.
It suits his goofy personality.

So...hello!

See less See more
#10 ·
:welcome: and congrats on the new puppy!! Way to go on the rescue, it's the best way to get a new puppy!
Flip is a totally cute name!! We could never use it in our household cause we all tend to use the word as an expletive from time to time!! lol The poor dog would get awfully confused! :lol:

#13 ·
Just think positive-put his crate where you want it to be, put a stuffed toy and tiny treat in it, say good-night, cover his cage with pillowcase or something similar so he knows it's time to sleep-and go to bed! If he wakens in the night, put him out and then firmly tell him goodnight again and don't get up. Let him whine himself to sleep if need be-good luck! Each night gets better and he may surprise you-expect the best!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.