Poodle Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
7,114 Posts
She is very cute, congratulations !

Even if you don’t like the classic poodle look, make sure to shave that cute little face while she is young, so she can learn to tolerate it. You might change your mind later on (if only for hygienic reasons) and it’s really hard to clip the face of a dog that hasn’t been used to it.

By 9 weeks, a puppy should have been groomed a few times already at the breeder’s.

Have fun with her !

·
Registered
3,776 Posts
Welcome to the forum and congratulations of your new toy poodle. As mentioned grooming is very important at this age, to get them use to it so that in future they will tolerate it well. I have a standard and I still take him every 4 weeks. I guess you should keep some nautical on hand in case she doesn't eat enough as all I know about toys is that they can become hypoglycemic if they do not eat. I'm guessing her breeder may have even eat you home with a tube. They are many members on this forum with toys and they will be better than I on giving you any advise. Again Congratulations!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks! where can I pick up the Nautical and what exactly is it? The breeder didn't tell me about it, but she was seen at my vet, who didn't mention it yet either, but we go back on friday, so I will ask her as well

·
Premium Member
6,692 Posts

·
Registered
1,271 Posts
Welcome, Missy! Waffles is adorable. I'm glad our experienced toy owners are here to help share the important info on hypoglycemia. And it's very good you'll have some help with grooming. Such an important part of a poodle's life!

·
Premium Member
23,603 Posts
Welcome to you and your cute pup. I second all the comments on grooming and also the read up on hypoglycemia. I think Mufar meant NutriCal (which is for hypoglycemia treatment.

·
Registered
7,114 Posts
Thanks! where can I pick up the Nautical and what exactly is it? The breeder didn't tell me about it, but she was seen at my vet, who didn't mention it yet either, but we go back on friday, so I will ask her as well
It’s called Nutrical. Vets sometimes sell it and I think you can find it online too.

·
Premium Member
9,830 Posts
What a darling puppy! I can’t really tell on my iPad mini what color she is. Would love to know. I’m so glad you’re getting grooming help. It’s a fact of life with a poodle:) Welcome to PF!

·
Registered
7,412 Posts
Welcome to you and Waffles. What a cutie.

·
Premium Member
1,558 Posts
Welcome to PF and what a cute puppy! Sure satisfied my puppy fix for the day, and has ramped up my puppy fever another degree. (I am getting a toy next summer).

The members here are all so willing to help with questions. A lot of the time if you do a search, you can find your questions answered in previous threads.

You should start a “52 weeks of...” thread. It’s a great way to keep track of their growth, progress in training, and their coat changes in the first year.

I will also echo that at least the face, (and I think feet) should be groomed clean ASAP and often. This makes it much easier on the puppy/dog, and the groomer.

I wish you the best and a great deal of fun in raising her.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 15 of 15 Posts