Poodle Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3,307 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just curious what all you guys do on New Years day? I know various places have certain traditions.

I'm a southern girl, born and bred, and blackeyed peas absolutly have to be eaten on new years day. Supposedly for luck. We have a big southern style feast with pork of some sort,, I believe it is a loin most years as it is this year. Blackeyed peas, greens, suasage and cabbage (sometimes), cornbread, and a few other fixings. My grandfather says every year that his aunt used to put a half dollar in either the cabbage or the green, I forget which, and the finder was supposed to have extra good luck in the comming year. He says it every year and every year my grandmother rolls her eyes and say something along the lines of DON'T be silly, we aren't putting money in the food. Poor Guy. I am making the cornbread and greens this year, everything is cooking away right now and the house smells.. ummm well it just smells hubby cooked fried some suasage it burned it so it stunk up the whole place. Anyway I don't have a half dollar but I do have two quarters so maybe I'll stick those in grandpa's greens for him when everything is served.

Now for resolutions, I don't have one yet except to maybe work a little harder on this whole baby making thing... that could be fun. Hummmm guess I'll spend the rest of the day thinking up goals for the comming year. Honesly I've been so busy that I haven't had time yet.

Sooo whats your New years resloution??

·
Registered
912 Posts
I don't make resolutions cause I am hopeless at keeping them, so to save me from feeling glum when I break it I just don't make them. I have some goals for our boarding business and we'll be working on creating some sort of backyard for the boys so I reckon that'll do me for 2009.

I love your tradition for New Years Day, we don't have any apart from having a hangover which renders the whole day useless :eek: I think I will start some sort of tradition for us next year that doesn't involve alcohol!

·
Registered
3,307 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I love your tradition for New Years Day, we don't have any apart from having a hangover which renders the whole day useless :eek: I think I will start some sort of tradition for us next year that doesn't involve alcohol!
ROFL, I'm sorry about your handover

To be honest I'd probably be hungover too on new years day if I wasn't kinda making a point to avoid those special drinks. I'm trying to avoid a lot of things, Kind of on a before you get preggers think about what you'll have to stay away from diet. Soda, starbucks, hair dye, trips to the nail salon, and martinis are all on the NO list :( Never had to worry about hangovers before I was married Alcohol was a no no because it' not acceptable in my family, which really means that my grandmother who thinks she's ruler of the universe doesn't approve :) So naturaly any time she isn't looking we're doing loads of things she doesn't approve of LoL.

*giggles* instead of drinking and partying Hubby and I watched old re runs of the twilight zone on TV and then we partook in our own special tradition at midnight :kissing:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts