Poodle Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

Super Moderator
Discussion Starter #1
I had yet another fabulous dinner with relatives, Lawd my family can cook! It's been eight days straight since I've had to cook for myself, what a break!

So now I'm back, comfy with my PS4 game, and if I can stay awake to watch the ball drop in NYC and other cities around the world on YouTube, and say another prayer that my kids will be safe, I'll do that to say goodbye 2018 and hello 2019!

Registered
Quiet here to ! I鈥檓 going to go check if the Mayweather fight happened yet. Curious to know how it ended.

Registered
We usually go to First Night - been doing it for probably 20 years. Bought our buttons and got all the tickets.................. but I'm getting over the most miserable cold and it's raining heavy and windy. Plus I had to get up at 4:30 am to drive to a 7am Agility seminar that I had signed up for a month ago. I'm thankful that I felt well enough to go and enjoy the seminar. Babykins and I had fun and I learned a lot. But I didn't want to press my good luck this evening. So we stayed home for the first time in a very long time. We'll be watching the fireworks on TV - I'm not sure, can they set off fireworks if it's raining? Maybe they will show last years?

I have several DVD's from the library, We're watching un Traductor which is a Cuban/Canadian film about a Cuban professor of Russian literature who was called to to translate for the children from Chernobyl who were brought to Cuba for treatment from radiation poisoning. While some survived, many died. Fascinating story. During the treatment the Berlin Wall fell and USSR stopped sending financial aid and food to Cuba. He and his family are dealing with his day to day facing life and death with these children of similar age to his son while their lifestyle is seriously impacted by the fall of the USSR.

I hope everyone has a Happy New Years and that we're all off to a good start for 2019.

Reactions: Vita

Premium Member
Quiet here too, DH is watching the Gator Bowl and I have been reading. Questionable if we are still up at the dawn of the New Year...

Registered
We never make it to midnight! There is nothing on PBS tonight, so we are reading. I just got 4 new sci fi books, so I am set for quite a while. There is time for daytime reading, too, since it's so cold and snowy. We might get as much as a foot of new snow tonight - already have about 6 inches. Zoe and Opal love the snow!

Registered
Spending a quiet evening at home with all my boys :) Popped open my itty bitty bottle of Pommery Pop which the boys are very interested in. I'll switch the TV to the Doctor Who marathon after DH goes up to sleep. It's a comfortable and very pleasant goodbye to 2018 and welcome to 2019!

I hope 2019 is kind to us all!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts