Poodle Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
588 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Zephyr and I went for a walk today in the park where we walk a lot. It is called Purgatory Park; not because it is the gateway to Hell, but because Purgatory Creek runs through it. Don't know why the creek is called that. The park is not a dog park, but is about 150 acres of mixed forest, wetlands and prairie where dogs can run off leash. It's colder today, 3 Fahrenheit, but sunny and no wind so not too bad.

Happy New Year to you all!

Attachments

·
Registered
732 Posts
Beautiful winter photos! I am so impressed that you were able to hike at that temperature.
Zephyr looks like he is having a wonderful time!

·
Premium Member
22,972 Posts
Brrr, too cold for me, but it looks beautiful and Zephyr looks like he had a grand time.

·
Registered
7,153 Posts
Gorgeous photo of a gorgeous place to walk.

·
Registered
588 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Beautiful winter photos! I am so impressed that you were able to hike at that temperature.
Zephyr looks like he is having a wonderful time!
It's 3 above zero, so that doesn't even count as cold! We still hike when it is -20F, and Zephyr has a wonderful time then, too. He doesn't own a coat, and the only time he needs boots are when his feet are freshly shaved--and then it is not because of cold, but because the snow gets hard and crusty and scrapes his feet so that they bleed.

I used to have Giant Schnauzers, and they needed boots because they got ice balls in their feet which made them really miserable. Zephyr doesn't get ice balls because his feet are shaved, so he does fine without them as long as we aren't on the roads where they have spread salt.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts