Poodle Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, all. I just purchased my first pet EVER and she's a beautiful toy poodle. She will be arriving one week from today and I am joining this site to get help answering some questions I have. I look forward to learning from everyone.

·
Registered
319 Posts
Welcome to the forum and congratulations on your new puppy. This forum is an excellent resource for all kinds of questions, and don't hesitate to ask more! I think the biggest thing with toy poodles is to treat them like any other size dog, not a baby.

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks :) Ah I totally intend on treating her like my baby! I was just telling my friend how I'm going to have a hard time being stern with her when she's so freakin cute. I'll be sure to post pics once I get her and you'll understand ;)

·
Registered
10 Posts
I have two toys, and it is hard to not treat them like babies...they are SO cute!! But believe me, you really can't. I started out that way with my first, and she developed separation anxiety very quickly - SO hard to start over! I wasn't able to even step over the gate that kept her in the front room without her freaking out. She was extremely nervous if anyone else wanted to touch her or hold her, and always wanted to be closer to me than she was (even though she was already as snug as she could get under my chin). I ended up learning that it meant she wasn't a well-balanced dog because of my actions. I changed the way I handled things, and she's totally fine now! She loves people, she hardly looks up when I leave the room (but is still excited to see me and loves to snuggle), and although she's still cautious, she's not anxious anymore.
I just got my second toy two months ago, and started out with her the way I should've with the first, and she's doing so well! She's such a ham! :0) Couldn't imagine my life without my little cuties!! Good luck with your little pup!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts