17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi my name is Liz and i have 4 dogs.
Addie my boxer pit mix
Bianca my mini poodle.
Cooper my boxer puppy
Harley my chihuahua

Addie and Bianca are both rescues.
Cooper and harley were both from breeders.

Bianca was adopted from a shelter and came in as a stray....
I know shes a miniature poodle but i dont really know if shes mixed...
im thinking she may be mixed because her hair is nothing like a poodles.
its really soft and when i groom her its nothing like the other poodles i groom.
but she has the long snout and has the face of a poodle and she has a lean not musculer but very athletic body like a poodle... with strong legs.
The only thing i really queston is her hair...
as you can see iin her pics her topknot will not stand straight even after being blown out. thats one reason why i never trim it becasue it looks funny short...
the only other breed i can thiink she might be mixed with would be a maltese, or bichon??
but she doesnt resemble either in any way... at least i dont think sooo...
i was thinking maybe she is a purebred mini poodle just a poorly bred one.

i guess i will never know becasue she was adopted as a stray...who knows... lol...
IF anyone would put their own ideas in thatd be great...promise iwont be offended by anything anyone says... :)

One day id love to get a standard Black or red/brown male

Attachments

·
Registered
12,499 Posts
She is a very pretty, happy little dog, whatever she is - how fortunate for her that you can keep her looking and feeling so good. If her coat is very soft there could be a bit of something mixed in (I note her tail seems to be undocked, which I believe is still unusual for a pure-bred poodle in the States). What it is you may never know, as you say. I think she is a Poodle with a bit of something - a Poodling - there, another rare designer breed discovered!

·
Registered
2,077 Posts
oh she's precious!

she reminds me of the poodle we had growing up. i thought vonna was a mix, but my mom said she was all poodle ... she was a sweet dog.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
She is a very pretty, happy little dog, whatever she is - how fortunate for her that you can keep her looking and feeling so good. If her coat is very soft there could be a bit of something mixed in (I note her tail seems to be undocked, which I believe is still unusual for a pure-bred poodle in the States). What it is you may never know, as you say. I think she is a Poodle with a bit of something - a Poodling - there, another rare designer breed discovered!
No her tail hasnt been docked.
which is why i think maybe she was an offspring of some crappy BYB that didnt know what they were doing breeding dogs..
I mean shes all white and the only common fluffy white dogs i can think of is a bichon and a maltese.
she looks like neither of the two..
we were thinking of having her tail amputated but learned more about the amputaion and figured why put her through all of the pain for something sooo cosmetic.
She's a great little dog, she likes swimming,hiking, running,getting dirty,lol..and playing with the big dogs, but shes also the biggest cuddle bug.
When people hear what types of dogs i have their always like oh boxers yah cool poodle ugh their to prissy and sassy...
Not this one, i get a bit offended when they say things like taht.
Shes a mommas girl! :)

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
boxer pit mix

What a happy mini...
Boxer/pits seem to be a very popular mix.
I havnt seen to many of them here where i live. California.
Rite now we have oodle mixes coming out of the you know what..
the shelters are overrun with them, and the newspapers and websites are advertising them for hundreds sometimes even thousands...

Addie my boxer pit mix we got back in january, someone was going to turn her over to the shelter and at the time i was a volunteer and she was such a sweet old girl, and shes brindle and most people are a bit intimidated by her. i knew what her fate would be.

Addie and Bianca are the best dogs you could ever ask for. trained so well and the sweetest temperments. I honestly dont see how anybody could get rid of such wonderful dogs.

Attachments

·
Registered
12,499 Posts
I love the full tail. Docking was banned in the UK some years ago, and once I got used to seeing poodles undocked I greatly preferred it - they look more natural and better balanced to me. She may well be all poodle, but, as you say, bred by someone who didn't know or care about the poodle coat. Or she could have Coton de Tulear in there - that is a very soft, cotton like coat. Whatever she is - she looks to be a lovely little dog, and a great companion!

·
Registered
128 Posts
As with mixes it is hard to tell, but another possibility is a cross of Chinese Crested. Her eye looks a little almond shaped perhaps. The Powderpuff Crested has a full coat, very soft. I have two puffs. You might want to look at info on Cresteds and see if any of that tracks with what you see in your dog as to personality and or physicality.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Whole Dog Journal did an article about the DNA tests and concluded they aren't very reliable. Just fyi.
Ive heard the same...
Someone told me they tested their dog which looks exactly like a cairn terrier and the dna test came back saying the dog was a maltese.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts