Poodle Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
12,469 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
(Mum says they are very small excitements, but I like them small. Big excitements can be scary and worrying; small ones are just interesting!)

Mum says first of all I must thank all of you for being so kind while I've been ill, so I do, but I don't think I have been ill, or at least only at the beginning and that was weeks and months and ages ago, so I have nearly forgotten all about it. The being-at-the-vets bit is not nice, but the extra meals and medicine-with-chicken and lots of treats bits are lovely!

We are in something called lockdown, which means Mum is with us all day and doesn't go off to do boring shopping and we don't get any worrying visitors or go driving for hours and hours, so that is pretty good too. And Mum got some stuff from a different shop because none of her usual ones would let her buy things without going inside, and they had toothbrushes which are just the right size and very soft and I like mine much more than the old scratchy one. Mum says they are meant for human babies, but the babies I have seen don't have any teeth, so I expect they can spare the brushes. But Sophy nearly didn't try hers, because on the way to the bathroom I needed to go out for a pee and Mum let me out but she didn't have her lenses in and didn't see Sophy go out, and it was only when we had nearly finished in the bathroom and Sophy got tired of waiting on the doorstep and started barking to be let in that she realised. I was very worried that she could have got lost, but Sophy says she knows perfectly well which is her own doorstep, and just how long to be patient before barking.

And this morning we went for a long walk by the river and it was all sunny and sparkly and smelling lovely because there are lots of baby cows there doing pees and poos everywhere, and we walked for miles and miles [all of 1.5 miles! fjm] and on the way back we met Elton and Gus and their Dad going the same way we had just been - they are doing lockdown too, so we `re seeing much more of them now their humans are at home all day. And when we got back to the car we should have got in for a rest and a treat but Mum felt in her pocket for the key and found a hole instead, so we had to go and look for it over all those miles and miles! But just as we got to the first stile we met Gus and Elton coming back and their Dad had found the key for us and brought it back, so I didn't have to walk all the way again after all. I got a bit tired on the last bit and Mum carried me for a while, but she says I walked nearly 2 miles, and was still bouncy at the end, which was Very Good and the furthest I have managed for ages.

Anyway, with one thing and another it has been quite an exciting morning, and I will just have a quick bark at the post lady and then have a nice snooze.

Lots of love to everyone
Poppy xx

·
Super Moderator
1,461 Posts
I'm glad you had a good outing. Tell Sophy to speak up the next time the keys go missing.

·
Registered
1,528 Posts
I'm so glad you are feeling better! And that's quite a miracle the keys were found so easily. Sounds like you are having a good time.

·
Registered
2,485 Posts
It’s lovely to hear you’re doing so well Poppy! Sounds like a lot of fun, though I wouldn’t be quite as excited about the toothbrushes... keep enjoying all the yummy treats and attention! Rory x

·
Premium Member
4,101 Posts
Poppy, I am getting extra treats too and Mom lets me have my stuffies more during this lockdown( which I really don't understand) so I have been giving her lots of kisses and love. Your friend, Asta.

·
Registered
450 Posts
(Mum says they are very small excitements, but I like them small. Big excitements can be scary and worrying; small ones are just interesting!)

Mum says first of all I must thank all of you for being so kind while I've been ill, so I do, but I don't think I have been ill, or at least only at the beginning and that was weeks and months and ages ago, so I have nearly forgotten all about it. The being-at-the-vets bit is not nice, but the extra meals and medicine-with-chicken and lots of treats bits are lovely!

We are in something called lockdown, which means Mum is with us all day and doesn't go off to do boring shopping and we don't get any worrying visitors or go driving for hours and hours, so that is pretty good too. And Mum got some stuff from a different shop because none of her usual ones would let her buy things without going inside, and they had toothbrushes which are just the right size and very soft and I like mine much more than the old scratchy one. Mum says they are meant for human babies, but the babies I have seen don't have any teeth, so I expect they can spare the brushes. But Sophy nearly didn't try hers, because on the way to the bathroom I needed to go out for a pee and Mum let me out but she didn't have her lenses in and didn't see Sophy go out, and it was only when we had nearly finished in the bathroom and Sophy got tired of waiting on the doorstep and started barking to be let in that she realised. I was very worried that she could have got lost, but Sophy says she knows perfectly well which is her own doorstep, and just how long to be patient before barking.

And this morning we went for a long walk by the river and it was all sunny and sparkly and smelling lovely because there are lots of baby cows there doing pees and poos everywhere, and we walked for miles and miles [all of 1.5 miles! fjm] and on the way back we met Elton and Gus and their Dad going the same way we had just been - they are doing lockdown too, so we `re seeing much more of them now their humans are at home all day. And when we got back to the car we should have got in for a rest and a treat but Mum felt in her pocket for the key and found a hole instead, so we had to go and look for it over all those miles and miles! But just as we got to the first stile we met Gus and Elton coming back and their Dad had found the key for us and brought it back, so I didn't have to walk all the way again after all. I got a bit tired on the last bit and Mum carried me for a while, but she says I walked nearly 2 miles, and was still bouncy at the end, which was Very Good and the furthest I have managed for ages.

Anyway, with one thing and another it has been quite an exciting morning, and I will just have a quick bark at the post lady and then have a nice snooze.

Lots of love to everyone
Poppy xx
So lovely to have another Poppy story! And so nice to hear you are feeling better

Sent from my STV100-3 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
12 Posts
Poppy, We're so happy to read of your adventurous day. Mom read it to us and we think about what fun it must be to have such lovely walks with baby cows and things. We've been missing your stories and we are so glad you're feeling better. Your Texas friends, Shae, Brookie, Brody and Sadie Jane

1 - 7 of 7 Posts