Poodle Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Everyone, I have been reading this for a few weeks and thought I would jump in and see what happens. I have a blue female standard (News to me after 13 years - wondered why she grayed out so early). Anyway, love her to death. We may be getting a puppy at the end of summer and having a difficult times with names. Hoping for a boy but we're not sure. Any wonderful ideas? She is regiestered as Roxamillion, we call her Roxy or Rox or a variety of other names. I like different names. Thanks for any help.

·
Registered
209 Posts
Welcome! Maybe wait until you meet the puppy and see if you get inspired that way??

We adopted ours from a poodle rescue, so he came pre-named (Marley, after Bob).

·
Poodle Named Moose
1,125 Posts
Welcome to the forum :)

Wait tell you see what you are getting before you name it.. i like that idea :D

·
Registered
2,064 Posts
Ya its hard picking a name until you actually have the pup there. Even after they come some times those perfect names just don't fit them. lol I have to ask what did your dog's color look like prior to going blue. I ask cause the mother of my boy was black (so she thought) and after 3 yrs I believe, she grayed out. But I guess that means she was blue to begin with ?? Eli is my first Poodle and as of now he is black with a black nose. Wouldn't a blue Poodle of had a blue nose ? Now Im realy curious. lol

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hi, Actually I was told by the breeder that she was black (he has since moved out of the country). I even had a breeder look at her right before she passed at 13 and wasn't 100% certain, UNTIL, I spoke with another breeder that had her foundation bitch from my breeder and said he bred Blues. To answer your question, my Roxy was jet black with a black nose at birth. Around 3 or 4 she started getting a few dark grayish type hairs so overall she was a very dark charocal, a Blue to my suprise at 13. Hope that helps, you can send me a picture, I do have some of Roxy but not handy enough to post. Suz

·
Registered
1 Posts
New here from Texas

Hello Everyone. I am Sheila and I have a sweet lil poodle named puppet. I have many questions and hope to gain knowledge as well as friendships at this site.

·
Registered
4,481 Posts
Welcome Texas! :)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts