Poodle Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Glad to see this forum. We have had poodles ever since my Dad's friend's show girl had a litter and one of the puppies had a health issue so we took him in for just a month until he was recovered. It was our friend's ruse to get my Dad to own poodles! Of course Jacques never went back home to his mom after that. He was a gorgeous black standard (huge). I have had poodles ever since of all sizes. I love the standards but their curiosity can drag you down the street and we aren't that young anymore. We switched to miniatures about 10 years ago and it is nice to be able to have them on your lap! We used to say Jacques' head was a lap dog. My current girl is named Xena (Warrior Princess) as she seems to have no fear and really stands up for herself. She is really smart and you can see the wheels turning as she considers her next move.

Love to you all!

Attachments

·
Premium Member
9,702 Posts
Welcome to PF! What a wealth of experience and stories about your poodles you must have, that I hope you will share. I’m late to the breed, my standard, Buck, is five. Some days, I think I should have switched to mini’s five years ago:) Xena is so pretty and portable!

·
Registered
2,642 Posts
Welcome to you, your family, and Xena! (great name btw :)) Poodles do seem to become a lifelong habit for many of us lol.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
So true! We always have 2 because they keep each other company when we are at work. My daughter also has a poodle (her second) so it is now 3 generations of family habit!
Jacques (the gentleman), Peppy, Michelle (ma belle), Alexander (the great pain in the neck and the best dog ever!), Hobbes (Houdini escape artist), Henry, Josie, Sammie, Pepper and Xena (Warrior Princess)

·
Registered
7,262 Posts
Welcome. WOW, you’ve had quite a lot of poodles. Your Xenia is gorgeous.

I have a minipoo too, I’d love a spoo, but a minipoo is easier to pick up and less work to groom.

·
Registered
10,294 Posts
Welcome. Holy cow you've had a lot of poodles in the family. How amazing. I think it would be fun to read some of your stories and experiences over the years. I've had several different breeds of dogs and my present poodles are my first poodles. I have two 6 year old toys. I always had bigger breeds until my Chihuahuas. They sold me on small dogs now that I'm older. I got two toy poodles because I love the tiny size the general good health that the toys seem to be blessed with. They're very easy to care for and so smart and quick to learn. I love their light weight size for many reasons, not the least for their lap dog status. (like you mentioned) There's something about them, isn't there? It's something about how they just "get" us? Is that what you noticed? Is that why your family has had so many do you think? Of course, my Doberman, I said that about too...he just really "got" me. Anyhow, welcome...hope to read more about your Xena...she's exceedingly pretty.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts