Poodle Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have 3 kids in the family (17, 13, and 11). They've been begging for a dog for years but 2 of them are allergic to dogs. They were thrilled to recently discover that they are not reacting to poodles and goldendoodles after spending sometime with friends with those dogs. I initially set out to look for goldendoodles but after doing lots and lots of research, learned about concerns with the quality of goldendoodles breeder, and that goldendoodles doesn't necessarily guarantee a non-shedding coat compared to purebred poodles.

We have not decided on adopting a miniature poodle. I joined this forum to continue with my research, learning about poodles, and finding a good breeder. We have a vet friend and a friend that does grooming for a living so we have lots of support.

·
Registered
248 Posts
Welcome you’ve come to the right place!!! We are bringing home our Mini girl on Sunday after lots of research here. I too have awful allergies and can’t always handle doodles. I grew up with a poodle and poodle it is for me!

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
EDIT: Had a type. Meant to say: We have *now* decided on adopting a miniature poodle. Can't figure out how to edit my original post.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Arghh. Meant to say: Had a *typo*. I really need to figure out how to edit my message given my amount of typos... :)

·
Premium Member
22,964 Posts
Welcome to PF. It is a great resource to help finding a great pup from a great breeder.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts