Poodle Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Members,

I been searching for a couple weeks with many breeders and seems that no one has one for sale.
I am looking for a Black, Red, Silver or Apricot color Toy Poodle.
I had my boy for 14 years and passed away last year, so i am now looking to get another one for my family and its been hard to find.
I reached out to all the breeders that have been recommended here but 3 out of 4 do not reply to emails or call back.
If anyone knows where i can find one for us, please feel free to PM me to the right direction.

Thank you
Jake

Here was my boy

·
Super Moderator
3,614 Posts
What a sweet little boy!

If you share where you're located and how far you're willing to travel, perhaps some members can offer suggestions. For the right puppy, you might have to get on a waitlist. But he or she will be worth it. :)

·
Registered
1,046 Posts
What a cute little boy. I'd like to add that there are a couple reasons responses from breeders might be poor. First, demand for puppies is extremely high right now with many people working from home. In addition, breeders often only respond to messages that give a more in depth greeting and explanation of what you're interested in. They often will not respond to messages that mention prices or are very brief. I think that especially with the current high demand, they may have a reduced response rate. Sometimes elaborating can help to let them know that you're genuinely interested in their breeding program and willing to wait for a pup.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
What a sweet little boy!

If you share where you're located and how far you're willing to travel, perhaps some members can offer suggestions. For the right puppy, you might have to get on a waitlist. But he or she will be worth it. :)
I am located in Los Angeles California and willing to drive to pick him or her up.
Yes, i am willing to be on a waiting list if possible.
Thank you

What a cute little boy. I'd like to add that there are a couple reasons responses from breeders might be poor. First, demand for puppies is extremely high right now with many people working from home. In addition, breeders often only respond to messages that give a more in depth greeting and explanation of what you're interested in. They often will not respond to messages that mention prices or are very brief. I think that especially with the current high demand, they may have a reduced response rate. Sometimes elaborating can help to let them know that you're genuinely interested in their breeding program and willing to wait for a pup.
I do agree, i think it might be that they are on high demand, ill keep searching
Thank you
Jake

·
Super Moderator
3,614 Posts
Have you worked your way through this great list that Rose N Poos has been assembling?

·
Registered
467 Posts
Welcome! Wish I could help, I know how hard the hunt is, it took us over 5 years to find one! keep adding on waitlists! that's how we found ours, the couple kept in touch and right before mothers day she had two different litters.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Have you worked your way through this great list that Rose N Poos has been assembling?

Thank you for this list i will give them a call.

·
Registered
2,271 Posts
I haven't been able to edit that thread for a number of days now, so this resource hasn't been added yet from Poodle Variety online magazine site:

Poodle Variety Breeders

Thanks PTP

And I don't mean to be discouraging, but a search can take months, as many of us can verify, if you're searching for a well bred pup from health tested parents, even in ordinary times.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I haven't been able to edit that thread for a number of days now, so this resource hasn't been added yet from Poodle Variety online magazine site:

Poodle Variety Breeders

Thanks PTP

And I don't mean to be discouraging, but a search can take months, as many of us can verify, if you're searching for a well bred pup from health tested parents, even in ordinary times.
Thank you, yeah i am going to have to wait and for the right puppy.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts