Poodle Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone!

I'm doing my research and have found just a few breeders of red spoos. We are currently owned by a beautiful sable collie but he is getting older and slowing down quite a bit. Now seems the perfect time to introduce a new member to our family.

During my childhood, I was lucky enough to have several different breeds of dogs. The smartest of them all was my miniature poodle. :wink: My husband had always grown up with shelties and collies so after we got married we adopted a collie. She was so smart! Then we adopted another collie from the rescue after she passed away. He was a wild man and needed lots of training but he is the most mellow fellow now. :)

Although I love the collie dearly, I can't deal with so much hair in the house anymore but I still want a dog that is smart as a whip and like having another person in the house. Spoo it is!!!

Rescue has always been our first choice but we have not been able to find what we want from a rescue. Also, our needs are different this time around and we feel a puppy would be better. That said, we only want to support the best of the best breeders who are only interested in what is best for the dogs and the breed.

We want a red spoo and in doing my research I have only come across a couple of breeders that appear to be highly recommended for that specific color. MarquisDiamond and Harmony. If there are any others you would recommend, please PM me.

Thank you and I look forward to learning all I can from this great community!

·
Registered
2,064 Posts
Honestly, I think you already have figured out who the best for reds in breeder's. Susan Cook from Marquis, owns my boy Stings father. I chat with her often and we've met in person finally. You will not find a more honest, loyal, Poodle breeder, that loves to help out and answer question's when ever she can.

There are a few breeder's around that have red pups and even have pups from both Susans and Lori's lines but not with the experience and knowledge Susan has. Ive personally seen what Susan has bred and they are lovely. Good luck on your new pup but I think you've already found the right breeder.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sting is so handsome!

From what I read, I don't think Susan has any reds in the near future. Her co-breeder Mithril is listed as having a litter very soon but both of the parents are from Mithril and not Susan. Maybe I misunderstood though.

We are also planning to get a second spoo when the time is right and both will be trained as autism service dogs. I can't wait to have these wonderful dogs in our lives! :D

1 - 4 of 4 Posts