Poodle Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone! I am Carl and I got my first Standard Poodle last year. Her name is Violet, and already the best dog I’ve ever owned. I am a disabled vet, and about 5 years ago I began having allergic reactions to my dog. I gave him to my son. He recently passed(my former dog). I decided a couple of years ago to look for a dog to help with my sometimes severe PTSD. My therapist recommended a fairly large dog for this purpose. I started researching Spoos. I never thought I’d be a poodle owner, but the more I looked, the more I liked. Violet
was born April 5 of 2020, and came as the frustration of the pandemic was heightening.

She has been wonderful and I don’t think I’ll ever have another breed or mutt. I have truly been Blessed by this precious girl. She is training, and hopefully in another 6 months, she’ll be ready for her service dog certification. Thanks for having me!

·
Premium Member
Mia, Christmas in June 2010
2,719 Posts
Hello, welcome, and congratulations! I'm so happy that you and Violet found each other.

·
Premium Member
4,026 Posts
Hi and Welcome to you and Violet!

PF has a dedicated Poodle Service Dog section so we'd love to have your input there, as well as thruout the forums :)

·
Premium Member
4,582 Posts
Welcome! Your Violet looks precious. Glad that she will be helping you as a service dog. Do pop over to the Poodle Service Dog section and keep us posted on you and Violet.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts