Poodle Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone. I've been a new poodle owner of about 4 months!
I came across this gorgeous guy. Someone had purchased him as a puppy for a handsome price, and then left him to the backyard. When he found his way into my home, he had no social skills, was 8 months old and did not know his name, starved... barely 40 pounds at 25", afraid of EVERYTHING, infested with tapeworms, had a terrible UTI and the worst yeast infection in his ears my vet had ever seen! He literally had SWAMP ears...poor thing. I fattened him up, taught him some doggy etiquitte, caught him up on his vaccinations and gave him a hair cut.
Carson has a fantastic pedigree and is AKC registered. He is one big baby though he is awesome at watch doggying (all an act), is sharp as a whip and just an all around lover.
How could anyone be so cruel!

Attachments

·
Poodle Named Moose
1,125 Posts
Awesome colors, and very goodon you for taking him in :)

One question: Are his eyes always like that?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
They were like that when I first got him but, they are not as bad as they were. You don't see the membrane over the corners of his eyes anymore. I took that photo after having him for maybe 3 weeks. It could have been because of how skinny he was?

·
Registered
24 Posts
I am constantly amazed at the wonderful colours that poodles come in Carson is so handsome, you are very lucky you have him. Of course he will improve with age and the love you give him!!

·
Registered
1,488 Posts
Carson is a stunning dog and you've done a fantastic job on him. He is lucky to have such a great doggie parent. :)

Welcome to the forum!

·
Registered
1,711 Posts
Carson is gorgeous! What amazing coloration! Congrats on becoming a
new poodle parent and welcome to the forum!:D

·
Registered
3,399 Posts
Carson is such a beautiful dog. I never saw a poodle with that coloring. He is gorgous! I'm so glad you recued him!

·
Registered
2,064 Posts
I really like your boy as well. I have to admit there is something about party poodles that I really like. He is a great party color. I love him and congrats on your new boy.

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
Carson, Where R U

you haven't been on the forum in quite some time? Hope all is well with you. You came on with your gorgeous poodle, then left just as quickly.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Congrats..

Lucky you found him Who knows what could have happened to him :(

I think he has White Haws, one of my Afghans have them sometime it makes them look Odd lol

Oh and Welcome :D

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Thank you everyone for all the compliments! I apologize for taking so long to reply. I do appreciate this forum and all of the wonderful information that I've been able to use over the years. It's nice to hear it from those who actually own poodles instead of from those doing guess work.
Thank you!

·
Registered
5,532 Posts
Carson is a really handsome boy. I love his coloring and his pattern!! Good for you to take in a needy pup and give him a good, forever home! Welcome to the forum.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts