Poodle Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Everyone,

I am new to the forum and new to poodles. I've had various different breeds throughout my life, but have never had a poodle. I am planning on next week picking up my new baby, a silver standard poodle boy we plan to name Dresden. I have wanted a poodle for many years, but finally decided to go for it. I'm very excited! I have already learned a lot by reading posts on this forum, and I'm sure I will continue to absorb good advice from all of you. I especially enjoy seeing all those beautiful pictures!

Milestone

·
Registered
8,202 Posts
Welcome, Milestone! Congrats on your new baby. I love the name you have chosen :) Very fitting for an elegant silver spoo. Please post pics when you can and share all the details!

·
Premium Member
9,621 Posts
Welcome to PF and congratulations in advance on Dresden! You may want to read our sticky, on Puppy Reality, if it’s been a while. I was also new to poodles, four years ago and could not have survived without the information and support from PF members:). Excited for you. Silvers are so fun to watch changing color.

·
Premium Member
22,964 Posts
Welcome to PF and congrats on your upcoming gotcha day. I hope you will be an active member and share your sweet boy's life with us.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thank you all for such a warm welcome! Sadly, I did more research yesterday on my breeder and a "red flag" popped up and gave me pause. I've decided not to get a puppy from her after all, and I'll continue my search for my new baby. I'm disappointed, but with such a big decision I want to do the right thing. Keep me in your thoughts and prayers as I look for the right puppy from the right breeder.

(I'm just going to hold onto the name Dresden, and if I get a boy, it will be his name... for a girl, I like the name Zelda.)

·
Registered
3,540 Posts
Welcome to the forum, I'm sorry your not getting your poodle yet but better are than sorry. I too have had many dogs and now have my 1st standard poodle. He will turn 1 next week. He certainly has been a learning experience for me. You will love having a standard poodle.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts