Poodle Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all, I'm a new Mini Poodle owner as of 09/18 and I'm in love with her.

Now, this breed is completely out of my comfort zone as I'm an American Pit Bull Terrier fancier, but so far I'm impressed. I never even liked fluffy dogs, until I worked in the grooming industry. I've been pet grooming for about year and poodles have grown on me, a lot. I've started getting interesting in doing poodle trims and luckily I've got a customer who loves me and lets me work on her standard puppy.

My pup didn't come from a nice breeder, or a pet store...my manager bought them from a guy in a parking lot selling 2 little flea and worm infested poodle puppies. They were 8-10 wks old and had never seen a vet, so she got them fixed up and well, I couldn't resist. I don't agree with her for giving the guy money and supporting this, but her heart was in the right place for these two. Supposedly the father was a phantom mini and the mother a silver mini, though I'm taking that with a grain of salt. So far, she looks all poodle though...I think.

Anyway, I've been lurking the forums for the past couple days and I liked it so much that I decided to join. If anyone has any tips or advice for me to start this girl off right I'll gladly listen.

Here are a few pictures of my girl, Swagger:

And then, she got shaved down with a 7 because little miss thing wanted to keep peeing in her kennel and laying in at 4am...She'll be growing in by the time she's housetrained lol.

And, I know he's not a poodle, but here's my APBT(aka my heart), Casey:

·
Premium Member
379 Posts
Welcome,
you poodle Swagger is very cute and I love the picture with Casey. She looks like his little buddy. I'm glad to see more members from the East coast, i live also in NJ, but I'm still waiting for my poodle.

·
Registered
1,488 Posts
Welcome to the forum. :wave:

Your little poodle is adorable and she looks way too cute with her mohawk! Oh and your pit has such soulful eyes and she looks likes she is good to her little sister.

·
Registered
335 Posts
Welcome to the forum! Your dogs are precious! And your poodle looks good so if all goes well on the health front, it looks like you have a nice little poodle. How does your pit bull like her?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks everyone. Casey's doing well with her, considering he's been an only dog since I adopted him 5 years ago. He lets her know when enough is enough when she gets hyper, then I redirect her attention so she isn't annoying him.

I hope she turns out nicely, I would like to use her for grooming contests. Does anyone know what her color is called? Before I shaved her down, she looked like an uber diluted/chocolate & tan phantom. I'm sure her color will probably change again since she's so young, just curious.

·
Registered
5,345 Posts
Welcome to the forum!

Your little girl is adorable! I'm glad you're a groomer, that way you're not getting a new puppy without every owning a groom dog before. We'll look forward to seeing more pictures and updates!

·
Registered
2,054 Posts
Love the Mohawk Your dogs are darling ! Thanks for sharing your pics..Welcome to the forum !

·
Registered
1,972 Posts
OMG, I don't know if I can pick a favorite pic; they're all so cute! Swagger and Casey are both beautiful, the pic of them together should be on a greeting card. Welcome!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts