Poodle Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I'm just here to learn all I can about Standard Poodles.

I honestly NEVER thought I would own a poodle, but fate had something else in mind for me. Now you couldn't take my Angel from my cold dead hands lol.

Angel is a cream coloured, full blooded, three year old female Standard Poodle, who I found in the middle of the road as a very young puppy.

Just days before I found her, I started thinking that maybe I should look into getting another dog; my Boxer was getting pretty old at the time, and I thought maybe I should keep my eyes open for another dog, to make things easier when my Boxer died.

But I desided that if/when it was time for another dog, I would just find one in the middle of the road (many people have dumped their unwanted dogs on our road).

Cut to three days later. It was a cold rainy October night, and my mother, sister and I were heading home from a friend's house, who's animals we were caring for wile she was out of town. When my mother nearly hit something in the middle of the road. It was a small white puppy.
Seeing this wet and cold puppy, we couldn't just leave it there, so I jumped out the car and grabbed the puppy.
I took one look at her and knew this is my dog, I was meant to find her. I guessed her to be a Goldendoole. (Would later find out I was wrong, but close).

We tried for about two months to find her owners, with no luck.

Then we even tried to find her a home.
I was being picky of course lol. But the vet told my mother that she was a terrier mix, and wouldn't get bigger then medium sized, and I didn't think it was right to tell people that, when there was a good chance she would get bigger (which she did lol).
I also have a rule about young couples getting puppies (I've seen so many use puppy to practice for baby, and when baby comes, dog goes bye-bye), and most everyone that called or wrote about her was of course a young couple.
Plus I knew in my heart, that this puppy and I were meant to find one another.
After New Years, it was agreed that I could keep her. And we haven't looked back since then. Everyone LOVES her, she is a great dog. Very smart, sweet loving, and gets along with everyone and everything. She would play fetch all day if you let her.

If it weren't for the coat, our would be filled with Standard Poodles lol.
(I will make another post about how we found out Angel was a pure blooded Standard Poodle some other time.)

Thanks for reading, and I look forward to learning many things from you.

·
Registered
125 Posts
That was a great story :). Nice to meet you, and your accidental spoo! (there are no accidents, lol). My two just groaned in their sleep in agreement.

·
Registered
2,496 Posts
aww, see these things are supposed to happen!!! Paris came into my life with a different, but similarly co-incidental story.... sometimes these things are just supposed to be!!! Do share how you found out her pedigree, I did the same thing with Paris too!!! hehehe

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Thank you all for the warm welcome!

BlueSpoo,

Angel groans in her sleep too, mostly when she thinks you're trying to wake her up lol.

flyingduster,

I don't know anything about her bloodlines, but I did get to meet her mother, breeder, and found out where her father lives.
I'm going to talk more to the breeder and try to find out about her bloodlines.

I would love to hear about how you got Paris.
You know what's funny? The breeder told me they called Angel... Paris, after Paris Hilton, because she was blonde and ditsy lol!

poodlelover,

Yes I really believe it was meant to be. The breeder told me she was an excape artst, but she hasn't tried to get out once here lol. I think she knew she had to come find me, and I'm really glad we did find one another!

My avatar is my favorite picture of Angel, it's her as the masgot of my brother's football team, The Lions.

Here are some pictures of her after her first visit to the groomers; where we found her mother and breeder (about a week ago), she was more than ready to go home lol. Before that I had always done her hair with scissors (4+ hours...not fun lol).

Hope the pictures worked!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I wish I could find one too!

Sorry didn't see your posts before I hit reply.

I hope you do get to find one lol.

I would have been the last person to ever want a poodle lol. But I love my girl and wouldn't trade her for any other breed. She is a great dog, the only thing I would change about her is that coat.

·
Registered
2,496 Posts
flyingduster,

I don't know anything about her bloodlines, but I did get to meet her mother, breeder, and found out where her father lives.
I'm going to talk more to the breeder and try to find out about her bloodlines.

I would love to hear about how you got Paris.
You know what's funny? The breeder told me they called Angel... Paris, after Paris Hilton, because she was blonde and ditsy lol!
Paris' story is all posted here: http://www.poodleforum.com/5-poodle-talk/5182-paris-story-bit-long-book-here-sorry.html but it's a long book! haha!

Definitely see if you can find the pedigree of the parents, it's a lot of fun looking them up on poodlepedigree.com if you can find them!!! heh

·
Registered
152 Posts
Hi and welcome. You can't fight fate. I've had a couple dogs come into my life this way. And in Jan. during a beow zero cold snap someone was so kind as to dump a tiny kitten near us. He was so terrified we had to buy a trap to trap him [it wasn't real hard because he was hungry] We'd been feeding him as soon as we found he was in our storage area. None of the shelters or humane societies would take him. My siamese was under the impression she was the only cat ever born and was not thrilled. My poodle liked him and he loves her. His name is now Spot and he's here to stay

1 - 14 of 14 Posts