Poodle Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good afternoon,

I'm new to the forum and would like to say hi! Currently, I have two Standards, one apricot girl, Rose, and her dark apricot/red son, Jacek, (pronouced yaw-sek). We are in Tucson AZ. I've been grooming my own dogs, as well as family member's dogs, for about 15 years. I made the decision to show my baby boy in the AKC a few months back. He's turning a year next week, so I put him into pattern and I'm letting him grow out. We'll use this summer as the chance to take some handling classes and grow some hair. I'm an owner handler and have been lucky over the years to learn from some excellent breeders and handlers - I'm ready to put my knowledge back to use! Rose, Jacek's mother, is my resident snuggle bug, her job is to look pretty, love everyone who is welcomed in the house and keep everything under control.

Looking forward to hearing from and learning from everyone here!

Jenny

·
Registered
3,145 Posts
Welcome I would love to see pictures and pedigrees as well. We are in the same boat as you showing a red/apricot male right now in AKC it s a long battle !, but i know we can do it.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I'm going to work on pulling together pictures of my crew.

Showing my blue dog I just lost a few months ago way back when in California, I saw some wonderful reds and apricots. I know we can do it! He is turning a year next week and needs time to grow hair and grow into himself. We did the IABCA shows in March and on the first day - he looked like a superstar! We took home a Reserve BIS show puppy, not bad for the puppy who wasn't supposed to show, just be a spoiled house dog. He's too good not to show!

I lost my big blue boy in February to lymphoma. He was the absolute love of my life and I miss him everyday. He loved to sing and I was able to get a video of a performance before he got too sick. I miss my baby

·
Registered
1,599 Posts
Hi and welcome to the forum. I was watching the video of your boy He looks like he was really sweet. I'm sorry for your loss. We lost our apricot boy Sport in Jan. so I know how hard it is.

·
Registered
2,314 Posts
Welcome to the forum! I have watched your video of Andre before, I don't know if I just stumbled onto it on Youtube or if someone posted it here. He was such a sweet fellow. We have lost too many dogs to cancer, most recently our home bred PWD in September. It's a horrible thing.

I'm looking forward to hearing about (and seeing photos of) your gang!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts