Poodle Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All, Happy to have found you. I was researching standard poodle breeders and found your site. I have a 7 yr. old chocolate standard and want to invite a new standard into our home. Sophie is the sweetest dog I have ever known, standard or otherwise, and I want to make sure that our new puppy has a personality similar to hers. Health and personality are the priorities, any color, they are all beautiful. I will try to figure out how to post a picture of Sophie, I'm a "dog person" not a "computer person!"
Pam

·
Premium Member
2,956 Posts
Welcome, Pam!

Our daughter's 15 month old standard poodle is also chocolate (or, as I learned here on the Poodle Forum, the correct term is "brown" not "chocolate") and our new baby, Lucybug, is a beautiful red standard. Katy's puppy is the whole reason my husband and I wanted to add another spoo to our pack - she is sweet, friendly, smart and beautiful (and Lucy is too!)

I hope you can figure out the picture posting task! We'd love to see Sophie!

·
Registered
12,183 Posts
Hey there Pam...welcome to you and Sophhie. It sure isnt unusual for a person to want or have moore than one Poodle. It is called MPS or multiple Poodle syndrome. Good luck in your search for your second, and enjoy the forum!!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the welcome! So far no luck with the posting of a picture of Sophie.... I'm in Northern California, I think there are a couple of breeders in this area, although I guess that isn't important, it's all about the health of the puppy. It would be nice though to be able to drive to pick her up rather than the puppy having to fly, who knows what the security would put her through!

·
Premium Member
2,956 Posts
We did a little of both with our Lucy (us driving and her flying) We're in North Dakota and Lucy came from Ontario (from ArreauStandardPoodle!!) and it was too time prohibitive for us to drive all the way there to pick her up (23 hours one way - at the end of October - through the northern states and Canada - during potential blizzard season!!) We checked into flying her directly to us in Bismarck, but we have [email protected] airline service here in the boondocks, so she would've had to change planes at least TWICE if we would've gone that route - not OK with us!!

After checking various options we decided that the best way to get our baby to us, was to fly her directly from Toronto to Winnipeg and for us to drive the 6 1/2 hours to Winnipeg to pick her up. She made the trip beautifully - the employees at Air Canada were fabulous to work with! And the trip home was a great bonding time for us! The trip across the border with our baby was a piece of cake, too. We're glad we did it that way and I'm even more super-glad we have our Lucy as part of our family now!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts