Poodle Forum banner

New to forum, not to poodles!

2K views 18 replies 13 participants last post by  spoofan 
#1 ·
Hello everyone. I have been reading here for a little while. I came across the site after loosing my Apricot Miniature Eddie suddenly a few months ago. (at only 8 years of age)
I feel the need to be in the company of other people who understand my obsession with Poodles.
I have Standard poodles as well, but my mini was a force. I miss him terribly.

#4 ·
Thanks for the kind words. I have lost two poodles in two years suddenly. Both were unexpected and not something that was forseeable or that you could have done anything about. Not something I want to deal with for a long time! I know it's part of the game, but enough is enough!

#5 ·
Welcome to the forum Onlypoodles. I am so sorry about the untimely loss of your two poodles. I feel for you as I lost a four month old to an accident a couple of months ago. I hope that you find comfort in your other spoos and in your interactions with other members of the forum.

#7 ·
:welcome: onlypoodles. As I'm sure you've found by reading this forum, there are lots of people who understand why poodles are so special and also lots of people who understand what it is to lose one unexpectedly. I'm sure you'll find what you're looking for here. I, too, am sorry for your loss.

#10 ·
I feel for you. Poodles are so smart and intuitive. It's amazing how close you get, and we all understand.

I lost my little girl in March. I've been reading and remembering the best of times through everyone's pictures. It has helped me a lot. There are so many little things to miss. Nose cuddles, doggy snoring, the glance from across the room, and that incredible greeting when you come home. I can only imagine the difficulty of an unexpected passing.

Welcome to the forum. I love the picture of your girl. She has an amazing color that makes her very distinctive. Standards have such a regal stance.

#12 ·
Welcome onlypoodlesforme. I am so sorry for your loss! We had our standard first (Shadow) and just recently got our miniature (Charlie). I haven't had to go through losing one of our furkids yet, but I can imagine how devastating that must be. Your silver girl on your avatar is beautiful! I am going to look through the pics postings to see Eddie. ((hugs)) :)

#17 ·
PoodlesOnly,

I too lost a poodle a couple months back. She was a beautiful black standard and we had to say "goodbye" the day before her second birthday. I understand and can empathize with you about your loss. We have sinced aquired another standard puppy. She is a cream and she has helped to fill the void that Suzy left.

Take care,

p

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.